Thread: Yeti sled
View Single Post
Old 14-10-2019, 09:09 PM
STI Master

Bram knows their stuff

Update.

After painting the cage i realised that i had not put gussets into the main X. So i made up a set of 4 gussets to box in the diagonals. And then touched up the paint again.

I also gutted out the rear hatch and put in the polycarbonate windows front and rear.

I also welded some seat rails into the car. I did have bolt in rails, but have decided (after painting the cage) that its better to have some proper steel weld-in frames as a solid foundation for the seat frame. 50mm rectangle tube with 2.5mm walls. Each connected to the car with some large 3mm foot plates. About 1kg a side heavier than the bolt in rails. But they feel so much more beefy. 7/16 UNF weld bungs tig'd into the crossmembers for the seat uprights and also for the crutch strap.

I have also got the dash back in. And began on the brake plumbing. Twin cylinder pedal box is in and I have relocated the hydro handbrake to a slightly closer posistion. I bent and flared new steel bundy brake line (painted in thick red epoxy enamel paint.) And also set a bunch of riv-nuts to P-clamp the lines inplace along the body.

I have put a tripple hydraulic reservoir up in place of the windscreen wiper. This puts the reservoirs almost up high over the master cylinders. And also de-clutters the engine bay further.

Speakin of engine bay. I gave it a clean and rattle can freshen up.

Last edited by Bram; 14-10-2019 at 09:40 PM.