Thread: The Gong
View Single Post
Old 13-12-2019, 08:47 AM
Sir AntiLag

drewgong at standard level

Car is tuned, 340 odd whp. Drives fantastic. That's all it has for now due to the crappy injectors. Big shout out to racetorque for swaying me away from id1300s to these mystery injectors that are not even 850cc as quoted.
Definitely notice the 3 port solenoid as well. boost is razor sharp responsive. Car hasn't missed a beat.
Had a slight drip of oil from my sump bung when i swapped it out for the killer b 1/8 adapter. Changed to a paper style plug gasket then all well.
Undercarriage was starting to rot away due to me living so close to the beach so i hit most of it with a 4x4 style undercarriage paint to convert surface rust and protect. im sure if you put it on a hoist it wont look fantastic as it was just rattle cans but i just wanted to make some sort of effort to stop it getting out of control..
Pretty much nothing but maintenance on the horizon as car is pretty neglected.
Changed from 225 to 235 tyres. kept with the pirelli dragon sport as they're cheap and did net my my best 60'.
Gearbox feeling a bit sluggish and heavy on the changes. Not sure if the oils ever been changed so planning to drop gearbox and diff oils. Going to bite the bullet and put the redline in knowing the cars history as well as how i drive its had a life at 150,000.
Front disc's are fairly cactus so be sourcing a new set and obviously pads while i'm at it.
Bonnet scoop is sun damaged so we planning a backyard respray of it with a close friend who has just done the same with his.
FLH quater needs replacing. not essential but not pretty.. Lurking, waiting for a second hand one to show up. Front grill needs replacing as whole centre piece snapped off.. yay. Probably replace with cheap china spec carbon item.
So yeah, all in all im just loving having my car back and giving it attention it deserves.
also about 6 months away from building our second house so car is off the priority list for big spending so dont bother giving me the this and that of what i should buy and put on the car. if anything i'd only do a big fuel system.

Last edited by drewgong; 13-12-2019 at 08:49 AM.