View Single Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Sign me up!
uh oh

gumby at standard level
Send a message via MSN to gumby

like I've said, I do know what I am doing (appreciate you offering tips though), I just wasnt overly concerned with getting a perfect shot this time.

Basically, I was, how shall I say, scouting for a good location, so that when I have more time, Ill go down there and do it properly.

The few photos at shoalwater, not only did I forget to set night mode, but as you can see, I just ran out of light.

Normally, I probably wouldnt have bothered uploading those pictures as I know they arent the best of quality, but I thought it might give some guys some ideas on some locations.

Only other issue I have is my camera, while its a good camera, Im still learning how to do everything on it, the manual that came with it is about as useful as a car with no wheels. So Im on the trial and error basis with it until I work out how to change things.

I do have a couple of photos that came out real good last time I took pictures, unfortunately, I did the smart thing, and deleted the wrong folder on my computer.....and the pictures were in it.

One day......I'll get the time to take some decent photos & I'll upload them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by methd

and try using fill flash or a rear curtain type flash to light up the car in the foreground when exposing for the background.
I've found that the biggest problem with using a flash is the nuisence of the reflectors on the car. Yeah, I know ways around it, it just can be a little annoying at times.

Last edited by gumby2006; 23-10-2006 at 11:23 PM.