Thread: red car
View Single Post
Old 27-09-2020, 05:52 PM
Subaru Tech Division

Tony knows their stuff

Ok so we have progressed a fair way. Interior is complete for now. Waiting on an 06 wrx alcantara retrimmed wheel to show up but pretty happy with how its turned out. Really happy I took the time to go through and refurbished everything before putting it in. This included re-dying the carpet and seats before installing them.

Engine bay is completely done, everything plummed up and nothing seems to be leaking.... yet.

All the lights, doors etc are spliced into the 03 wrx loom and working. Hardest part was getting the central locking to work. The gc8 door lock a tutor only has a single trigger system where as the 03 wrx has a double trigger system. All that needed to happen was wire in a relay to mimic the double trigger system of the gd setup but being switched by the gc8 single trigger which is a ground switched trigger.

Ended up getting some front brembo callipers and have colour matched them to the car along with the 03 wrx 2 pot rear callipers I already had installed on the car.

New wheels showed up. 17x8 +44 rota fighters in bronze with 225 AD08r tyres. The fronts are going to need a fair bit of camber and fender work to fit as I. Running the sti alu control arms which have increased the track a good 12mm or so which has made them poke abit more than desired.

Anyway pics

Last edited by Tony; 27-09-2020 at 05:54 PM.