View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 03:23 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Beaker77 at standard level
Default Share project car workshop space in Perth?

Hi all,

New to forum as have moved back to Perth after working for several years in UK. Great car scene in UK and very liberal regs for project builds which allowed you to put practically anything on the road. Looking to get up to mischief here in Perth with some new projects, just working through local regs to see how 'creative' I need to be to do something interesting. Would be good to hear from any other project builders in Perth?

In the UK I outgrew my garage so rented a workshop to house all my goodies which I shared the cost with some other builders which worked well as it provided an economy of scale for some of the more expensive equipment that could be shared and there was always somebody around to lend a hand when needed.

I just secured a workshop in Gnangara, looking to do similar here so let me know if you are interested in any space. Already setup 2 post hoist, MIG/TIG welders, plasma cutter, tube bender, bench drill etc and also a 3D scanner and CNC mill for the more interesting stuff. Will add to this if can build a community around it to support it.

Also keen to hear any other related ideas on how the space might be used to support the local car community so please share your thoughts?

Cheers

Beaker77