Thread: Verso vs ECUtek
View Single Post
Old 27-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

I'll start off by saying I'm a Verso fan boy, so my comments below may be a bit biased

There is a lot of "buzz" going around regarding Verso, since it is a very affordable performance modification. Everyone is going to want to compare ECUtek vs. Verso etc etc. As with all modifications, investigate them and find the one suitable for you.

My opinion is that the Verso tune is a full custom dyno tune of your vehicle with your modifications. It is not like a Tek 1 or Tek 2 where you receive a "one tune fits all" (Tek 3 obviously being a dyno tune as well, but much more expensive). This means that the tuner is checking your AFR's, knock, etc etc to ensure you have the best and safest possible tune for you car and for how you wish to use your vehicle. From what I understand the Verso tune also has more features available allowing much greater tuning for a wide variety of modifications compared to the ECUtek. These are the some of the big advantages of the Verso product and was the deciding factor in why I went that way.

Whilst numbers are not what I am chasing, FYI my MY05 WRX currently pulls 228.6ps and 297Nm with 290+Nm of torque from 3,250 onwards (perfect for the track work I wish to do). The only modification being an X-Force TBE exhaust - TD04 powah! . The tune is very smooth and a pleasure to be my daily driver.