View Single Post
Old 30-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Sir AntiLag

subarooboy at standard level

Seriously though...

Joe is a deece bloke and "remained calm" because he's one of the small few on forums that understands how to have a debate/ disagreement like a mature adult without taking it to a personal level and resorting to shooting 'low blows'. Personal attacks have NOTHING to do with an argument... unless of course the debate is actually about someone's personality! In this case, the argument is about gear ratios/ power increases etc. Joe is merely offering his opinion, based on factual knowledge (as many others have done as well).

Even if polarbear is incorrect this time round (which I for one would also subscribe to!), a person can still be shown a level of dignity regardless. In my book everyone has the right to an opinion, even if the opinion turns out to be factually proven wrong, and even if that person still appears to stand for what he thinks after the overwhelming responses contradict his opinions/ theories!

As long as it's kept 'above belt' and does not digress to personal remarks (due to one another losing their 'cool', or perhaps when there's nothing else they can use to support their argument?!).. it's a good discussion IMO, and everyone enjoys a good discussion. There's no logical reason to "lock a forum topic down" in these cases.

On topic/ "Nice gate".