Thread: 95 wrx specs
View Single Post
Old 21-11-2006, 10:18 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

For the old WRX pre 1996 you could get whats called a VOS chip which slots into the spare EPROM slot inside the ECU casing.

On standard injectors though I wouldnt take it past 16psi. Get some Sti 440cc injectors from the same era and you could take it up to 18/19psi. But by then I would recommend a new ECU to keep it all in check. Apexi PFC has a PnP ECU for WRXs of that era.

And yes, visit RSLC. Old WRXs shared alot of similar mechanical and electrical components. I am actually running a JDM 95 WRX STi Type RA ECU in my Legacy GT (RS Liberty).

Get rid of the pre turbo resonator and replace it with a straight pipe. And get rid of the pre filter resonator also. The pre filter resonator ("snorkus") is highly restrictive.

Also check out a silicon turbo to intercooler pipe. Part No TCS22 from Samco Silicon Hoses. Old pipes by this time are hardened and can easily crack and leak.

Also the old plastic BOVs can crack and leak. My stock BOV leaked pretty bad over 15psi.

Upgrade the fuel pump also and they are 10 years old now and wont keep up consistently with a 16+psi load.

Last edited by Mister Two; 21-11-2006 at 10:25 AM.