View Single Post
Old 28-11-2006, 08:28 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

Pinky at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by westoz

So it begs the question: I can understand the odd low-mileage car here & there, but how izzit that sooooo many cars, even 4-5 years older than mine have less than 100K on the clock? Disconnect speedo cable & go off the tacho for a few years? Do a wind back before selling (if this can be done, which I doubt, unless you're a pro at this)? Pull the instrument cluster out of a lower K's car & do a swapover?

I picked my MY98 up in December 1997, and I basically drive it to work every day, yet I've just clocked up a bit over 76,000 kms.

Strange as that may seem, this is all ridgey didge.

I live slightly less than 7kms from my work and most of my commuting is wthin a 10 km radius.. I dn't actualy need to use the car for work, I think I've only used it for work related purposes about 2 or 3 times last year,

We have always had 2 cars though, so the second car gets used for all the shopping duties etc..

Since 2004, my wife's car has been the newer car so we've tended to use that for trips down south etc..

I still drive it as much as I want to, I haven't deliberately tried to keep the k's down. but there you go...

But despite the low K's it's still hard to get it insured for over the market value.. (even with an agreed value policy) I have no idea whether the low k's would mean it has a better resale than a similar aged MY98 in similar visual condition..