View Single Post
Old 29-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Ninja at standard level
Default Advice on some new rims!

Hey guys, sup!
Long time no see...yer yer, damn world of warcraft still eating far too much of my time.
Still been trolling the boards though but not posting.

Anyway, I've got about 3 months tread left on my tyres and i swore I would never replace them again so I'm starting to look around for a wheel/tyre package.
Seeing as I'm pretty useless, hopefully you guys may have some advice as to where to go and what would suit my car. I have a few ideas but advice never hurt anyone
I was looking at tempetyres over east as they have some good deals but would much prefer to get them locally so i can see what im getting.
Here's some info that may help with any advice.

1. I only have about $1700-1800 to spend for a wheel/tyre package. (maybe stretch to 2K)
2. My car is currently sitting on the standard shocks with whiteline 'control' springs.
3. I would prefer to go 18" but will prolly end up going 17" due to a couple of things. Firstly its my everyday car and I dont need to be spending a fortune on tyres. Secondly, I heard of clearance problems with 18" on a classic ... like u have to get the guards rolled and run some fucked up camber?
4. What width of rim should I be looking at?

Here's a couple I quite like... or something similar in design anyway.
Also, would have to be dark rims with chrome lip.

Most of the long term members would prolly remember my car but here's a piccy just in case.

Over to you guys! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
-Grant

Last edited by Ninja; 30-11-2006 at 03:52 AM.