View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 12:57 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by camer183
I would agree, I think the tax payer $ could be better off being spent on buying Australian built cars for the Police Service, maybe there on trial.
Things like the Chrysler (and other exotics, several HSV's have been used over the years) are loaned to the police service by manufacturers for use in public relations, huggy feely-nicey exercises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRWATO2U
i was pretty sure the police had the holden supercharged V6's...not V8's. It wouldnt matter how fast they are because after 140 km/h dont they have to abort...
Holden haven't produced a supercharged V6 for a while, and to my knowledge the Supercharged 6's have never been used in police service in WA. Unless something has very recently changed, turbo charged or super charged vehicles were prohibited from use in the service and had been for some time, well before they dropped the V8's.

Police will most certainly chase you over 140, the driver needs to have been certified for the speeds, but don't think they just give up at that magic number sir, they most certainly do not.