View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Flat Four Father

urabus knows their stuff

Jonno,

I am also in the same boat as you. Looking at getting one.

The new honda lobs in Perth halfway through january. Meant to be great. Turbo charged and intercooled. The only place that sells them is the Honda Shop in Midland.

The story goes that the main age group of people buying jet skis are in the age group of 40 - 59 hence the reason why the manufacturers seem to be going more and more towards 3 seat ships.

I think that the best bet is either to buy a 12-18 months old one with 20 hours on the clock that someone bought and never used and wants to sell. Other option I am looking at is I might be buying a heap of stuff for work out of the states for work. Wouldn't it be a horrible shame if the sea container arrived and there was a jet ski in it.
E.g. The mack daddy 2 seat honda here is $21 + trailer + license etc whereas in the states they are about Aud$13 and there is more than one dealer so discount is your friend.

The other thing that concerns me is this new recreational skippers ticket thing. I would get one but what if my mate wanted to go for a blast. Does he need one to? Something I need to look into.

Some questions have been raised about the reliability of the 215hp Seadoo's. Dont know how true it is though. Could just be people not storing them properly over winter and then they dont work properly when they through them in the water at the beginning of summer.

I have been told to stay away from second hand polaris. I.e. they are not around anymore and parts are hard to get hold of.

Let me know how you get on cause I am keen to get one too!

Cheers

Brendon