Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Apexi Power FC Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Rossco is a guruRossco is a guru
Send a message via MSN to Rossco
Default Co-Pilot brings Auto tuning & Launch control to the Power FC!

This is SOOOO cool!

Co-pilot is a replacement for FC-Edit that used with the Datalogit interface for any Power Fc.

It has quite a few features, such as:
Launch control (that works!)

On the fly Knock retard
Data logging
GPS interface

But the two significant ones are Autotuning for both timing v knock limits & Fueling v Upper & lower AFR target maps.

These Auto Tuning Required Conditions and other settings work well for me. The main requirements are for the engine to be warmed up and the throttle pressed, at least a little bit.

On the right side, I have the cutoff for what is considered a Trival amount of samples set to 20%. That's 20% of whatever is in the Min Samples map (I'll show that later). If a logged AFR data cell has fewer than the Trivial number of samples, it will not be drawn color-coded. That's all that this entry controls - how data is displayed.

Notice that there are some additional controls that appear... the Status, Reason, and Start/Stop button for auto tuning fuel online. Below that, the auto tune ignition check boxes are enabled. I am not going to explain all these now. I think they are all self-explanatory.

There are additional settings which determine which AFR samples get processed - which is to say which ones get filled in the Logged AFR map. On the Settings tab there is a button labled "settings..." next to AFR Synchronization. Click it and this window appears.

Here are some more screenshots I made after it was done replaying the data log. Pay attention to what is selected for display and which boxes/option buttons are checked.

Data replay (basic version)

LIVE dashboard:

Logged afr's

Ignition map

There is so many features rolled into this one app.....GPS logging, camera triggering with video overlay, it even learns to recognize what gear you are in based on RPM & road speed!

[CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Built Ej207: Semi-closed RA Cases - Wiseco Forgies - Manley rods - BC 272 cams - GDA Heads - billet f/whl - Vi-pec - WbO2 - 800cc Yellow tops - TD05-20G - 409Hp ath @ 1.75bar on E85[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Tags
auto, brings, control, copilot, fc, launch, power, tuning