Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > ECU Discussion > Autronic Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amtrapid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-2015, 12:52 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

nwt1976 at standard level
Default Autronics smc charge temp Estimate

Has anyone got experience using charge temp estimate table?
I've been getting intake air temperature sensor heat soak which is increasing my afr. At idle and light load. Normal driving is ok.
Table is setup in default air temp. 25@ coolant 80 deg C

Sensor is mounted in tmic.
I'm thinking of adjusting charge temp estimate table at low rpm and light load so autronics doesn't lean fuel when air temperature increases. Trying to get around heat soak at idle.

Thoughts.
Old 22-11-2015, 02:23 PM
STI Master

amtrapid knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwt1976 View Post
Has anyone got experience using charge temp estimate table?
I've been getting intake air temperature sensor heat soak which is increasing my afr. At idle and light load. Normal driving is ok.
Table is setup in default air temp. 25@ coolant 80 deg C

Sensor is mounted in tmic.
I'm thinking of adjusting charge temp estimate table at low rpm and light load so autronics doesn't lean fuel when air temperature increases. Trying to get around heat soak at idle.

Thoughts.
It shouldn't be leaning fuel with temp increases it should be enriching the fuel and you can control differences in intake temp in the temperature compensation tables for fuel and ignition.
Old 22-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Scoobie Noobie

sir-revalot at standard level

It will lean as temp rises. Colder air is denser air.. ie. more molecules per volume, therefor it needs more fuel to create a cleaner chemical reaction.. ie. the explosion...

Hotter air= less fuel

Where in the TMIC is it mounted? Might need to move it away from the turbs.. Or maybe a heat shield plate/exhaust wrap underneath the sensor.

Can you move it to the front of the plenum, in the intake manifold opposite the TB?
Old 22-11-2015, 04:01 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Interesting. Charge temp table is set@ 99.6% when idling I'm thinking its at maximum setting.
At first I thought fuel temperature was getting too hot.
Temp sensor is next to outlet in tmic. I had look around to relocate sensor but mounting sensor into intake manifold would be worst for heat soak. Reducing heat soak would be good, but living in Perth over summer you are going to get bad heat soak.
Old 22-11-2015, 04:06 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Smd plug and play 99-00 doesn't have temperature compensation table, most likely sm4 does. Smc is getting pretty old now.
Old 22-11-2015, 06:54 PM
STI Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir-revalot View Post
It will lean as temp rises. Colder air is denser air.. ie. more molecules per volume, therefor it needs more fuel to create a cleaner chemical reaction.. ie. the explosion...

Hotter air= less fuel

Where in the TMIC is it mounted? Might need to move it away from the turbs.. Or maybe a heat shield plate/exhaust wrap underneath the sensor.

Can you move it to the front of the plenum, in the intake manifold opposite the TB?
No this is incorrect if the ecu is tuned properly it will en richen the fuel via the composition tables and reduce the timing if they are set up correctly . The mounting of the temp sensor shouldn't be the problem they are fitted as close to the air flow in the throttle body as possible usually in the underside of the intercooler right where the throttle body is .

Never had a heat soak problem with temp sensors and mounting them here that's where they go unless a front mount then they go in the same place before the throttle body and in the intercooler piping . I have mounted literally in the hundreds of temp sensors in that location in the 20 yrs ive been working on Subarus never had an issue . Id say its related to tuning or another issue . Take it to your tuner best Autronic person to see in Perth is Lane at Race Torque .

Dont take it to Sean at ASG he will unplug the Idle air control valve then try to tell you the ECU is broken as he cant tune the Autronic Using the idle air control valve due to its fast reaction time using the ECU. So rather then learn it or take his time he will unplug it and tell you the ECU has issues . This will affect your idle and your antilag wont work correctly as it requires the IACV to work. Ive seen 3 Autronic tuned cars he has done this year that he has said and done this too . See Lane he is an Autronic dealer Sean deals with Link and Vi-Pec .
nick73 likes this.

Last edited by amtrapid; 22-11-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 22-11-2015, 07:02 PM
STI Master

I guess it's in the SM2 and SM3 software for shits and giggles then . Take it to Lane stop wasting your time

Sent from under my Dok Dok
Old 22-11-2015, 11:08 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Thanks for the input. Just trying to get a better understanding.
Ok I see you can use warm-up enrichment to add fuel. Cheers

Tags
autronics, charge, estimate, smc, temp