Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   Things that shit me V2.0 (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/30176-things-shit-me-v2-0-a.html)

SpitShine 15-11-2009 10:49 PM

hate's people who just whinge and complain alot *cough cough*

SweLLy 15-11-2009 11:06 PM

[QUOTE=SpitShine;408995]hate's people who just whinge and complain alot *cough cough*[/QUOTE]

and make a thread about it? on p-wrx

yeah shits me to ahha :P

Alternate 16-11-2009 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=the kiwi;408987]the fact that perth drivers have now graduated from running yellows to now running reds.

I now sit at green lights and have a good look around.[/QUOTE]

Not just in perth. The other day i was coming out of dalyellup (suburb just outside of bunbury) and the intersection joins on a dual carriage way. As i was crossing onto the other side, a truck doing at least the 80 speed limit flew through a red light that had to have been up for a few seconds, and literally missed me by about a metre.

needless to say i shat myself.

GX-REX 16-11-2009 10:09 AM

Shits me when people say that they are going to come around/ meet you and dont turn up. Especially when you change your plans and wait home and they still dont show up.

Elrico 16-11-2009 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=the kiwi;408987]the fact that perth drivers have now graduated from running yellows to now running reds.

I now sit at green lights and have a good look around.[/QUOTE]

Its funny you mention this. My old man did a defensive driving corse for C.U.B and the instructor said that before taking off from a green light you should wait 2 seconds before passing the white line. He said if noone in the room waited the 2 seconds, something simular to 50% of the people in the class would be killed by other people running red lights.

Scarey statistic.

Hurtenstein 16-11-2009 10:30 AM

Lights fucked up at warton/ranford lights on friday.
I was second in line to turn right at a green arrow and the car in front just stopped. I was about to deliver a serious dose of horn til i realised that the oncoming traffic still had a green light also. Mayhem and brown trousers ensued...

dtrally 16-11-2009 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=Elrico;409030]the instructor said that before taking off from a green light you should wait 2 seconds before passing the white line. [/QUOTE]

Good luck with that in Sydney. You have to be pre staged and do a 6000r/min launch the moment the filament in the green starts to glow or you get rear ended.

If impatient selfish bastards stopped running reds, drivers wouldn't have to wait 2 seconds. There's absolutely no excuse for runnig a red even in a heavy vehicle. If you're doing the speed limit there's enough time and distance to stop or make it through on amber. If you hit the line after red you were going too fast or you were far enough away that you could have stopped.

joey89 16-11-2009 01:47 PM

[QUOTE=Hurtenstein;409032]Lights fucked up at warton/ranford lights on friday.
I was second in line to turn right at a green arrow and the car in front just stopped. I was about to deliver a serious dose of horn til i realised that the oncoming traffic still had a green light also. Mayhem and brown trousers ensued...[/QUOTE]
That there is some scary shit!

ImPreSiV 16-11-2009 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=dtrally;409066]Good luck with that in Sydney. You have to be pre staged and do a 6000r/min launch the moment the filament in the green starts to glow or you get rear ended. [/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing... seen people cop a serious 'horn blasting' for waiting more than 0.2 of a second on the green. Also stopping on an orange is a no no in Sydney... The only reason they stop at intersections in sydney is usually because someone in the other direction is actually already moving, otherwise, its a free for all until the other direction get's moving on the green...

Fozzy 16-11-2009 04:38 PM

The Coffee Thread