Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   ridiculous p plater laws (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/38254-ridiculous-p-plater-laws.html)

mARC 04-11-2010 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=Jordiee;508495] but it's seriously easy to lose 4 demerits even driving tamely (for the most part)[/QUOTE]

Really?

If that's your lower threshold then I've got some bad news for you.

gumby 04-11-2010 07:20 PM

[QUOTE=tuna;508491]no objections to tough p plater laws,

its a situation you get to appreciate when your no longer a p plater and wont see half the dickheads on the road anymore[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[QUOTE=Jordiee;508495]..... but it's seriously easy to lose 4 demerits even driving tamely (for the most part)[/QUOTE]

Firstly, you ACCUMULATE demerit points for bad driving, not lose them.

If you find not accumulating points hard, then you obviously have no idea how to drive properly and have no business driving on the road.
Behave and you wont lose your license. It's not a hard concept.

wrxii 04-11-2010 07:24 PM

does this apply to people already on green p's

I come off my p's in april

Rossco 04-11-2010 07:30 PM

Finally!

Now the plods just need to concentrate on people who tail gate, don't indicate & bring in a fine for those lacking merging skills.

Bgwrx 04-11-2010 07:49 PM

I think theses laws are good. I managed to go almost my whole time on p plates with out loosing points, I lost two with 3 days to go. Hopefuly it will force p platers to drive responsibly. Because inexperienced drivers speeding is never a good thing. They can winge all they want but it's easy not to speed and break other laws.

That bein said I'm no angel I've racked up 10 demerit points and will get some back in 12 months, hense why I drive like a nanna. They are easy to get, mine were just lapses in concentration which have cost me, so I sympathize with p platers. I think we will see lots of p platers with no license.

Jordiee 04-11-2010 07:53 PM

[QUOTE=gumby;508503]Exactly.

Firstly, you ACCUMULATE demerit points for bad driving, not lose them.

If you find not accumulating points hard, then you obviously have no idea how to drive properly and have no business driving on the road.
Behave and you wont lose your license. It's not a hard concept.[/QUOTE]

mate who are you kidding? everyone uses the term "lose" when referring to demerits irl
it's a moot point anyway

i have no idea how to drive properly?
why don't you ask some of the people on this forum i've met in person
i've only lost 2 demerits myself, plenty of people on this forum have lost their license, it's not like it's that hard

i'm merely stating that most people i know who are my age have lost demerits

you're all just old and withered and can't relate to the youth of today, not really but maybe try and think back to the days when you were on p's and then reply

huey 04-11-2010 07:58 PM

a license is not a right its a privilege, drive within the rules of the road and you wont loose your license, simple really

mARC 04-11-2010 08:04 PM

[QUOTE=Jordiee;508516]you're all just old and withered and can't relate to the youth of today, not really but maybe try and think back to the days when you were on p's and then reply[/QUOTE]

Mate you're a spitting image of a tool right here, unfortunately things are only going to get harder due to retarded youth 'such as yourself', spawning children of even greater retardation.

mKd wЯx 04-11-2010 08:21 PM

[QUOTE=Jordiee;508516]mate who are you kidding? everyone uses the term "lose" when referring to demerits irl
it's a moot point anyway

i have no idea how to drive properly?
why don't you ask some of the people on this forum i've met in person
i've only lost 2 demerits myself, plenty of people on this forum have lost their license, it's not like it's that hard

i'm merely stating that most people i know who are my age have lost demerits

you're all just old and withered and can't relate to the youth of today, not really but maybe try and think back to the days when you were on p's and then reply[/QUOTE]

that is true

mARC 04-11-2010 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=mKd wЯx;508542]that is true[/QUOTE]

Thanks for proving my point mate, mum still cut off the crusts?