Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   ridiculous p plater laws (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/38254-ridiculous-p-plater-laws.html)

Jordiee 04-11-2010 06:05 PM

ridiculous p plater laws

for all you 'hoons'/p platers out there

i'm aware there's a news thread but i felt this needed it's own thread as to not clog the other one up with replies/rage

[url]http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/8254249/tough-p-plater-rules-start-next-month/[/url]

imo it's absolutely ridiculous, p platers already get discriminated against enough as it is

it's even worse for someone like myself who drives a performance car and is on p's

and sure, there's plenty of fuckwit p platers driving around, but old habits die hard, and most of the people who drove like idiots on their p plates still drive like idiots

this law seriously underestimates the inconvenience of losing your license at this age, when you most need to be versatile, as you most likely haven't settled into a full time job or career yet.

/rant

fsk 04-11-2010 06:16 PM

Funny, i thought leniency would be 'fair' as the young inexperienced drivers are the ones who are expected to make mistakes.

I would like to see a crackdown on people who have been driving for years and forgotten that certain rules exist, Have a think about it how often do you have to avoid being involved in an accident that wouldn't be your fault due to someone who either doesn't follow road rules or is just plain ignorant. For me its more than weekly especially at roundabouts..

mKd wЯx 04-11-2010 06:17 PM

that is ridiculous what a stupid law ill be getting my p's in 3 weeks and this is not a good thing :(

Avalanche 04-11-2010 06:19 PM

seniors should lose there license for driving 30km/ph under the speed limit

BoxorBeast 04-11-2010 06:19 PM

Uh Oh... just behave yourself ... haha :P or don't get caught

fatboy 04-11-2010 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=mKd wЯx;508478]that is ridiculous what a stupid law ill be getting my p's in 3 months and this is not a good thing :([/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it ridiculous, i went through the same thing growing up in Tasmania! if anything i think it should be that way to put fear into the youngsters and teach them to respect that if they do something stupid it will have a detrimental outcome!

Addy 04-11-2010 06:45 PM

^^^whs
When I was a P Plater in SA, one serious offence and you lose your license.
If you drive 30kph over the limit as a P plater, I wouldn't call that a mistake because you're new at driving. So no leniency there. When you're on P plates, better stick to that speed limit.

Adi

tuna 04-11-2010 06:47 PM

no objections to tough p plater laws,

its a situation you get to appreciate when your no longer a p plater and wont see half the dickheads on the road anymore

Dawn Patrol 04-11-2010 06:50 PM

To be honest they're not that harsh...
Gotta be doing at least 30km/hr over to lose the license.
The other thing says for no seatbelts, well, if you're not wearing a seat belt you're probably too dumb to have a license.
If you play it sensible, and be careful where you have a quick thrash everything will be fine.

On the other hand, they seem to be coming up with a rule for just about anything...I wonder if the threshold for anyone to lose their license will come down.

Jordiee 04-11-2010 06:54 PM

it's not about driving 30k's over the limit as a p plater and losing your license on the spot, you'll lose your license pretty quickly regardless of demerits if you do that frequently

it's more the fact that the law gives no room for any error at all for minor infringements, because if you get pinged two times for small errors, i don't know if you've read through the latest update of road infringement penalties, but it's seriously easy to lose 4 demerits even driving tamely (for the most part)