Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   Karma / Irony FTW (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/41016-karma-irony-ftw.html)

jasonmurray 22-03-2011 08:37 PM

Its like that old saying... "The grass isnt always greener on the other side"

Smokey 22-03-2011 08:58 PM

[QUOTE=jasonmurray;547676]Its like that old saying... "The grass isnt always greener on the other side"[/QUOTE]

and sometimes its not grass, its gold bullion and lollypops...

sic-em-wrx 22-03-2011 09:13 PM

can i have what you got? :D

[QUOTE=Smokey;547687]and sometimes its not grass, its gold bullion and lollypops...[/QUOTE]

urabus 22-03-2011 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=sic-em-wrx;547658]you gotta give the man an "a" for effort, he tried to get further. Some people may not know they arent ready but are keen to learn. Hope karma bites you in the ass.[/QUOTE]

For what it is worth I liked the guy. He was a bit of a prima donna but he was still young and trying to run before he could walk. He was trying to run a multi million dollar business and he literally could not write a fax or an email. That might have been alright 20 years ago but not anymore. Rather than go back to school he tried to take over the world.

The real reason that I am pissed off is he went and bought some really good jobs that I could of made some money out of but when I saw his prices I very quickly realised that a) there was no way he make a dollar out of the job and b) he had taken on too much work.

Which brings me to my next point. Generally speaking (although I am pretty sure this is the case here to) a lot of people out there have tried to grow their business too fast. They have financed themselves up to the hilt and built this machine that they need to maintain turnover just so they can keep payments up. It is a vicious circle and an incredibly short term view.

As for Karma biting me on the ass, if this is the worst thing I have done or take pleasure in seeing a competitor fall over I think I am going alright.

As for the other staff at this particular organisation I still maintain that anyone in WA who wants a job and is willing to work will get one. Might not be their dream job straight away but at least it will put food on the table. Also the work still has to be done by someone so no doubt whoever picks up the half finished contracts will need additional staff.

Brendon

Kato 23-03-2011 08:39 AM

[QUOTE=urabus;547726]Which brings me to my next point. Generally speaking (although I am pretty sure this is the case here to) a lot of people out there have tried to grow their business too fast. They have financed themselves up to the hilt and built this machine that they need to maintain turnover just so they can keep payments up. It is a vicious circle and an incredibly short term view.[/QUOTE]

Man I hate this too. See some fly by night mob open up, get too much credit from somewhere and suddenly they roll around like they are the kingpins of the industry. A year later and everyone is at the auction buying all their stuff for cheap.

Suddenly client's expect the jobs to be done at the same price that the other mob went broke on, guys expect to be paid to do nothing and have every perk in the world and it ends up stuffing the sector up for a while.

And don't worry Brendon, I agree with your karma story on that guy. Had plenty of them through in my time. Problem is, you can't explain the story properly on a forum for others to understand.

mitchwnz 23-03-2011 09:58 AM

I have this problem with my Sales support girl... she's 19 and wants a six figure income but is constantly pulling sickies and works at about 50% capacity.. she then tells me if she doesn't get a raise she will leave.. I just said... up to you :-) You know this is an awesome job and I challenge you to find a better one that gives you less stress for the same money.

Kid's these days... expect everything and do f*ck all.

Sulph 19-04-2011 12:34 AM

[QUOTE=mitchwnz;547787]I have this problem with my Sales support girl... she's 19 and wants a six figure income but is constantly pulling sickies and works at about 50% capacity.. she then tells me if she doesn't get a raise she will leave.. I just said... up to you :-) You know this is an awesome job and I challenge you to find a better one that gives you less stress for the same money.

Kid's these days... expect everything and do f*ck all.[/QUOTE]

Id like to work where she is working...
I do 11pm-7am, 5 nights a week, and my weekends are Tuesday and Wednesday. Yeah, you heard that, I lose my actual weekends, for work.

and I'm only making around 1400 a fortnight, before tax. However at 19, I cant complain.

only reason I do it is because I have rediculous amounts of opportunities to grow in (Hospitality ftw).

In saying that, it's a dog eat dog world, and Karma shouldn't ahve a play. You do what you gotta, to get infront. Selfish but true.

JDM_STYLE 19-04-2011 12:58 AM

What do you actually do mate?

Sulph 19-04-2011 01:20 AM

[QUOTE=JDM_STYLE;557538]What do you actually do mate?[/QUOTE]
Concierge at a hotel, (Duxton). Yeah, its a piece of piss job, and I get to drive some nice cars, even though I only drive them a few hundred meters :D

In saying that, the downsides are rude pricks of guests, and the shit hours in which I sleep all day, work all night, don't see my mates on weekends.

But so much room to grow in this industry so its worth sticking out.

JDM_STYLE 19-04-2011 02:19 AM

Any positions open?

I'm up all night usually so be better to get paid at the same time then be up all night at home and not getting paid, there is only so many movies you can watch and only so many games you can play too hahahaha :D