Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Complaints and Grievances (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/)
-   -   Police on phone while driving!! (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/complaints-grievances/44867-police-phone-while-driving.html)

MANliamUTD 23-09-2011 07:19 PM

Police on phone while driving!!

driving down south street today and passed an unmarked cop car ( you could tell because it had like 15 antennas on it haha) and the policeman was on the phone arm hanging out window and all. He was on his phone from when i passed him on south stree alll the way onto even the freeway!! was hardly police business either as he was laughing away gigling and smiling and all:confused: USE HANDSFREE like you tell us too!!!no wonder people still answer thiers phones while driving and dont obey the law if the people that are paid to stop all that shit and all that arnt even obeying it themselves!!! they dont have any special privileges just because they are the police!! well they do but you know what i mean lol

its not the first time either this has happened its the second time in 2 weeks i have seen a policeman chatting away on his phone while driving:mad:

its just annoying as they keen going on about road safety and all that and they dont even follow the rules that has been put down:confused: there will be some people who dont agree with this and some people that do agree but im just saying my opinion in the complaints haha:D

thebish 23-09-2011 08:11 PM

should have taken a picture of him

with your phone

MANliamUTD 23-09-2011 08:14 PM

tried to mate but when i passed him he pulled in behind me, i tried to get one in the review mirror but didnt turn out hahaa and again tired on the freeway but didnt work out

diddyf 23-09-2011 08:46 PM

maybe because he was "egging/encouraging" others to do the same so he can pull them over, just like when they egg people into racing them haha

Patch 23-09-2011 08:47 PM

[QUOTE=thebish;611656]should have taken a picture of him

with your phone[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MANliamUTD;611658]tried to mate but when i passed him he pulled in behind me, i tried to get one in the review mirror but didnt turn out hahaa and again tired on the freeway but didnt work out[/QUOTE]

Oh the irony... :D
(Unless you were a passenger. Then that'd be fine.)

StubbsR1 23-09-2011 09:05 PM

What about his number plate? Surely the po po could investigate and get his phone records, date and time also required, of course.
About time cops were accountable for their actions as well.

Soksta 23-09-2011 09:12 PM

[QUOTE=StubbsR1;611673]What about his number plate? Surely the po po could investigate and get his phone records, date and time also required, of course.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't hurt if you could go to the nearest police station and make a statement with enough details for them to do the above.

Would it be possible they to claim that the call was required as part of the officers duties and that the law isn't applicable in that situation?
Just curious :confused:

Master D 23-09-2011 09:19 PM

Personally, i have seen many a cop go out of their way to pull over and answer phones - saying that though they were all marked.

Id say make a report about it if you have the rego, time & location/duration of the it all.
I still think it wont amount to anything but you never know.

mARC 23-09-2011 09:19 PM

OCH would have made it mandatory for incar kits to be fitted to their vehicles possibly Soksta? Unsure.

Soksta 23-09-2011 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=mARC;611678]OCH would make it mandatory for incar kits to be fitted to their vehicles possibly soksta? Unsure.[/QUOTE]

You would think this might be the case, there could be a possibility of the officer answering a personal phone so records from an issued mobile may show nothing.