Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-09-2007, 12:20 PM
WRXRW

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizzle
They pump power out hard and easy. PDX amps are fully digital, not class A/B, so I'd imagine they'd make at least the rated power (as Alpine always do plus some
each of my 1.1000's are about 1100wrms and one is 1200wrms and the 4 channels are about 170wrms each
Old 15-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Powered by BP98

phizzle at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
each of my 1.1000's are about 1100wrms and one is 1200wrms and the 4 channels are about 170wrms each
There ya go, proof is in the pudding. Haven't got my hands on them yet but one day I hope. Another 4ch and a big mono will be sweet. My 1507 makes 2 x209 and the F405 makes 4x73
Old 15-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Sir AntiLag

Adam86 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adam86

anyone runnin at PDX 4.11 or the PDX 1.600.. went and got some prices on them... look pretty sexy hahaha...
Old 16-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Flat Four Father

ALEX. knows their stuff

i've also got a 4.150 PDX bridged, running just my fronts. it's tuned so that each side is getting just over 250wrms at like 80% volume.. just before any risk of clipping comes in. it's running MBQuart reference splits.
I'd go the 4.150 rather than the 2.150 because, as was said earlier, it's a couple hundred more and you get twice the power and more tuning options if you go active.

If you head to Alberts Car Sterio in Joondalup (a hike i know) and say you KNOW you can get the price there and what can they do you for (flash some cash), you WILL get the best price in town.

I can say that Alpine PDX amps are quality, will last forever, are small and powerfull and look good! and because Alpine is sold like it's going out of fashion, you can get a good price on them if you haggle, specially buying 2 at once (if you do)
Old 17-09-2007, 06:15 AM
Scoobie Noobie

DELIBER8 at standard level

I would also recommend the PDX amps. I also have the big brothers 4.150 and 1.1000, and they are truly brilliant. At the moment I am running them on the MbQuartz discus speakers, but am having them upgraded to the MbQuart Premium range speakers for an even better sound.
These amps are faultless, still regarded as one of the best on the market easily. You should be able to get a good price on them if you haggle. I got both of mine for $1500 when I put in my sound system valued at a total of $4500 a year ago, so you should be able to get something similar I would reckon.

Tags
amp