Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

judas-savior at standard level
Send a message via MSN to judas-savior
Default MY97 WRX Cosmetics Help!

Hey Everyone,

Got a few for you today, I get my MY97 WRX back from the shop soon and there are a few things I need to fix up on her so I will list them and hopefully you might be able to give me some suggestions as to where to go, what to buy, how much etc. (I know ive had a bit of bad luck as you will see lol)

1. Front Bumper.
- When I purchased my wrx it had cracks in the front bumper (low grade fibre glass my guess), but anyways I havn't gotten around to replacing it yet, and its not worth fixing so I was wondering where was the best place to pick up a new front bumper and to get it put on and painted? (also how much would I be looking at) Ive got a pretty stock kit on her so not looking for naything fancy atm.

2. Side Door.
I had some idiot open there door onto mine in the car park, no note or nothing so my problem lol but pretty much its just a rather non serious but noticable dent. No paint chiped or anything just bugs me. Where would be the best place to have that dent popped out?)

3. Keying.. Sigh
- I work in the city and my wrx got keyed awhile back (both doors and front fender, most of it not scratched to badly) I would rather not have to get a whole respray, I heard of a place on mill point road in south perth who does fix up jobs.. what do you think.? (once again place and price range)

Any help with these 3 things would be much apreciated

Last edited by judas-savior; 09-12-2007 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:26 AM
Flat Four Father

SPEC IV at standard level

Gee mate you have had some bad luck... I think you might want to reconsider where you park from now on....

1. Front Bar: JWS (Japanese Wholesalers Spares) http://www.japanesewholesale.com.au/index.php

2. Dent: Look for any paint-less dent removal place, a reputable car yard will be able to recommend one like Subaru.

3. ??? (sorry) LOL

Hope this helps,

Daren
Old 09-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

1: Do a my00 conversion. Buy new headlights, bonet, bumper and give your front end a bit of a face lift. It has been done many times, it's not that costly if you sell off your un-used parts to cover the costs a little. Then u can think about getting the my00 sti front lip as well.

2. Dentcraft, Ding Kings, any of these "Paintless Dent Removal Mobs" If the dent is smallish, Stuart at Dentcraft will probably charge you around $80 - $120 to get it out.

3. The keying is a Pain in the ass. Ring any of the usual spray mob's and get a quote. Its hard to say how much you will need to spend or what you will need doing because a: i haven't seen it, and b: im not a spraypainter. Ring Benson at BBK, or any other spraypaint mob. Have you thought about claiming this on your insurance. It may be worth it if your excess is considerably less than the quote.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Sign me up!
The Converter

GX-REX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
1: Do a my00 conversion. Buy new headlights, bonet, bumper and give your front end a bit of a face lift. It has been done many times, it's not that costly if you sell off your un-used parts to cover the costs a little. Then u can think about getting the my00 sti front lip as well.

2. Dentcraft, Ding Kings, any of these "Paintless Dent Removal Mobs" If the dent is smallish, Stuart at Dentcraft will probably charge you around $80 - $120 to get it out.

3. The keying is a Pain in the ass. Ring any of the usual spray mob's and get a quote. Its hard to say how much you will need to spend or what you will need doing because a: i haven't seen it, and b: im not a spraypainter. Ring Benson at BBK, or any other spraypaint mob. Have you thought about claiming this on your insurance. It may be worth it if your excess is considerably less than the quote.

Hope that helps.
Agreed but depending on the month your car was built the bonnet should be the same, so just headlights, grill and bumper. If you want to tidy up the engine bay check these out.
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showthre...=bonnet+struts
Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Sir AntiLag

wannabe at standard level

1. as above, if your replacing the bumper, go the '00 update, looks heaps heaps better.... i have a '97 also and it had the update plus a respray when i bought it, the only thing they didnt do are the crystal headlights which i hopefully will get round to one day soon.
2. again as above, ring the paintless dent people and see what they quote you
3. ring a range of panel beaters/painters close to you and see how much it will cost for a respray which may even cover questions 1, 2 & 3, sometimes it surprisingly cheap. also, if the scratches are not that deep try polishing first with a cutting compound

Last edited by wannabe; 10-12-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
STI Master

Andy! at standard level

as kym said go see Benson at BBK I just had some work done by him last week and was very happy with the result and $$ was very reasonable
Old 11-12-2007, 01:29 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

judas-savior at standard level
Send a message via MSN to judas-savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe
1. as above, if your replacing the bumper, go the '00 update, looks heaps heaps better.... i have a '97 also and it had the update plus a respray when i bought it, the only thing they didnt do are the crystal headlights which i hopefully will get round to one day soon.
2. again as above, ring the paintless dent people and see what they quote you
3. ring a range of panel beaters/painters close to you and see how much it will cost for a respray which may even cover questions 1, 2 & 3, sometimes it surprisingly cheap. also, if the scratches are not that deep try polishing first with a cutting compound
Paintless dent removal sounds easy, so thats no issue and I think the place in south perth can do the keying and scratches for me ..

So its just the new bumper I need. Anyone know how much a 00' conversion would cost or could recommend a place to get it done? (Also im a bit of a noob but I can't honestly see that much difference between my 97 and the 00 front. what is the diff?)

Last edited by judas-savior; 11-12-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

more updated grille, crystal headlights. Just looks much better IMO.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Sir AntiLag

wannabe at standard level

'00 has a different bumper to the '97 aswell
Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

this should answer your questions

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showpost...78&postcount=8

Tags
cosmetics, my97, wrx