Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-01-2008, 03:02 PM
STI Master

feral at standard level

probably have to drill different holes for the new spoiler andindicator assembly should just plug into where the standard loom is
Old 14-01-2008, 03:11 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

bojan07 at standard level

yeah i will take it into a panel beater... i need it sprayed also... where do i find the exact color code of my car? its wrc blue, but is there a code i should give to the panel beater? :S
Old 14-01-2008, 03:24 PM
STI Master

feral at standard level

under the bonnet on the passenger side says color code
Old 14-01-2008, 04:15 PM
STI Master

Marti at standard level

Ye or phone subaru and give them the vin number

Car: C Red S13 Silvia 2.3l 400+rwhp-SOLD
Daily ae82 4age corolla (light mods)-Sold
Daily:SWB GQ Patrol
Will be a 03-04 STI next
Old 14-01-2008, 04:22 PM
STI Master

JMAX is unrated

Speak to Chris at Fletchers Malaga Smash Repairs, 9209 1661

GD WRBlue colour code is 02C
Old 14-01-2008, 04:36 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

yep the colour code is 02C... i just checked under the bonnet. Thanks guys.
Old 14-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Sir AntiLag

swan-dogg at standard level

Its the painters job to get the paint code, mix the paint and then check that it matches the car.

If u simply provide him with a paint code and two bumpers, all-though they can mix up the paint to the code u provide, it is possible the colours won't match. Variants or 'service colours' I think they are called, can be issued by manufacturers meaning the same code can bring up numerous different colours, some slightly bluer, greener, lighter, darker etc. If they can't try a visual match, they'll mix up the top one on their list.

My advice, let the professionals do their job. I know your just trying to help them out but they don't won't you complaining about the colour they've made up according to the code you've given them. Plus, I don't know your background or age, but the guys my old boy employ hate the young 'know-all' type guys that give them pointers. If the painter/panel beater has any form of attitude towards you they won't tend to fix up all the little imperfects, they'll just leave it.

So for the best jobs, let them do their work, you don't need to pop in each day to check progress, they'll call you once they are done. Cash is ALWAYS the cheapest form of payment. And we hate it when you go over your car with a magnifying glass when you pick it up-it had problems before
Old 14-01-2008, 05:57 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

hahah dw im not that type... i just wanna know the code just incase they ask it from me, i wont be saying anything to them... aslong as they do it and its good i don't care.. but i wanna know as much info as possible just incase they require it from me.. as ive never been to a panel beater and don't know what they ask of. Thanks for advice though.
Old 14-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Subaru Tech Division

BN01 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan-dogg
Its the painters job to get the paint code, mix the paint and then check that it matches the car.

If u simply provide him with a paint code and two bumpers, all-though they can mix up the paint to the code u provide, it is possible the colours won't match. Variants or 'service colours' I think they are called, can be issued by manufacturers meaning the same code can bring up numerous different colours, some slightly bluer, greener, lighter, darker etc. If they can't try a visual match, they'll mix up the top one on their list.

Obsidian Black Pearl for example, has about 3 variations that i know of. Some have a blue speck through them like mine, others have a green, some have a gold (like the Club Spec Evo7's) Not always same-same..

MY07 Mitsubishi Ralliart Colt
Old 15-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Sir AntiLag

swan-dogg at standard level

Generally, a good painter will remember if they've had to make that colour before and have come across variants in the process. This may or may not be pointed out when quoting, mainly because the painters don't quote

If you wanted to make sure the colour is right and can't leave your whole car, you could offer shops ur fuel flap for matching purposes and to set your mind at ease. ( P.S. they'll only siphon a little fuel, but only if ur addy is near by.-lol jks )

Depending on how busy they are, to paint 2 new bumpers shouldn't take more than a day, So if you can go without your pride and joy for that long they might even be able to fit it for you, be aware, there would be a fitting fee, but they have got the tools to make way for your FMIC.

Best of luck.
any more info PM
Swanie

Tags
beaters, pannel, wrx