Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   de-badging & Wing (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/21634-de-badging-wing.html)

ryandarcy 19-08-2008 08:21 PM

mine got done through a mate ages ago but only cost me like 300 and i got some other paint work done too. my 3rd brake light ain't in either but maybe one day i do it. i think if ya can find a boot cheap would probley be best way to go.

wild_rx 19-08-2008 08:25 PM

if you buy the brake light from subaru it comes with wiring and the plug is already there so you just plug it in.

just use tape to cover the holes :p

Craig 20-08-2008 09:00 AM

[QUOTE=wild_rx]if you buy the brake light from subaru it comes with wiring and the plug is already there so you just plug it in.

just use tape to cover the holes :p[/QUOTE]

ahh so the one from repco needs to be connected with solder?.

5KYLIN3 20-08-2008 07:08 PM

[QUOTE=redlib]LOL that would only work if you had a black car even then it would look shit.
But nice try.[/QUOTE]

Chris your an idiot. I told you too do that to your pimped out 84 camry!!

Plugs ftw

james_gray 26-01-2009 06:07 PM

Ok to bring up an old topic. I have just removed my Sti spoiler, but now my boot springs up too fast. I removed one of the 'tensioners' (or whatever they are called) but the boot wouldn't even stay up, so have put that back in. Just wandering how to get around this, so the boot springs up like it used to (without putting the spoiler back on ;))???

Evo2 26-01-2009 06:12 PM

Honestly............... Why does it matter how fast your boot springs up ??

phizzle 26-01-2009 06:13 PM

Weigh the spoiler and add similar weight back onto the rear (underside) of the boot :confused:

willo 26-01-2009 06:15 PM

[QUOTE=james_gray]Ok to bring up an old topic. I have just removed my Sti spoiler, but now my boot springs up too fast. I removed one of the 'tensioners' (or whatever they are called) but the boot wouldn't even stay up, so have put that back in. Just wandering how to get around this, so the boot springs up like it used to (without putting the spoiler back on ;))???[/QUOTE]
Just use the key to open it that way ya can just use ya hand to stop it flyin up. Or ya can make a game out of it. Pull the leaver n see if ya can get to the boot lid without it openin all the way up haha.

type25 26-01-2009 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=james_gray]Ok to bring up an old topic. I have just removed my Sti spoiler, but now my boot springs up too fast. I removed one of the 'tensioners' (or whatever they are called) but the boot wouldn't even stay up, so have put that back in. Just wandering how to get around this, so the boot springs up like it used to (without putting the spoiler back on ;))???[/QUOTE]

just go to wreckers or subaru and buy some gx boot springs

NVRENUF 27-01-2009 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=willo]Just use the key to open it that way ya can just use ya hand to stop it flyin up. Or ya can make a game out of it. Pull the leaver n see if ya can get to the boot lid without it openin all the way up haha.[/QUOTE]

Nice
lol