Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff
Default F*ckin F*ck....I hate bumpers!

Not sure about you guys, but ill-fitting bumpers are probably one of my pet hates.

Now, when I fitted my FMIC many years ago, my front bumper wouldn't sit flush i.e. where the bumper sits up against the bottom of the quarter panel, towards the wheel arch.

The original fasteners near the wheel arch weren't strong enough to hold it in place, I just assumed that stuffing a core and pipes under the bumper was causing it to foul some how. Bolts did the trick anyway.

Fast forward a few years, and one of the bolts has fallen out...its now being held by cable ties, until I get it on a hoist to fix it. ARGH!

Now I’m going to be removing the bumper and working out where the problem is, and possibly doing some more trimming to make the bumper fit nicer. I basically want to go back to using the factory clips and fasteners to hold it all together instead of bolts, cable ties, etc.

My question is….does anyone have any idea, or an extract from the service manual, of how many clips there are and where they go, on an MY02? I’m confused because after searching the internet for instructions, I find out that in some countries, CLIPS hold the bumpers on, and in others, its BOLTS. I for the life can’t remember whether mine was held on by clips and/or bolts, or brackets, or what!

Any help would be appreciated, and it would much alleviate my elevated sterss levels right now. Thanks everyone

Tags
bumpers, fcki, fckin, hate