Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 12:15 PM
STI Master

willo at standard level
Default advice please

hey guys n gals i have a cs4 n im thinkin of colour coding my skirts. Not sure if this will look good or not or should i just leave em black. Would appreciate your thoughts peeps. Cheers luke
Old 07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Sir AntiLag

tropikal at standard level

my mate got his done.. cs4 colour is pretty hard to match he rkns.. took the pannel shop a few mixes.. it does look much neater when it is done though.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:27 PM
STI Master

willo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropikal
my mate got his done.. cs4 colour is pretty hard to match he rkns.. took the pannel shop a few mixes.. it does look much neater when it is done though.
Yeah i had a new bumper put on n bonnet resprayed n it matched up pretty good. Dads a spraypainter i guess it depends on how faded the car is.. Was thinkin if i paint the skirts it would look neater as well as lower
Old 07-02-2009, 12:27 PM
WRXRW

if the budget stretches, i would invest in a brand new set of side skirts before colour coding them. even when they are a few months old let alone 9+ years old after a while they tend to bubble and peel once you colour them, because if your like everyone else that's ever put plastic wax on them to make them shiney!
Old 07-02-2009, 12:30 PM
STI Master

willo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXRW
if the budget stretches, i would invest in a brand new set of side skirts before colour coding them. even when they are a few months old let alone 9+ years old after a while they tend to bubble and peel once you colour them, because if your like everyone else that's ever put plastic wax on them to make them shiney!
Yeah i could imagine they have had a few coats of shiny stuff lol. Was thinkin bout new skirts to that way i have the option to change back if i wanted to
Old 07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
WRXRW

honesty i don't think you would change back. the black contrast suits some cars, especially the cs4 cause of the black wheels. i refrained myself on my MY98 as i was partial to the black sidekirts look aswell, but after it was painted i never looked back.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Flat Four Father

SPEC IV at standard level

Leave it black in my opinion, CS4 trade mark with the black wheels. Also adds contrast. Don't forget your tail lights will match too.

However you are right, will make your car look lower than it is.

Flip a coin
Old 07-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Subaru Tech Division

SCOOTER at standard level

Did mine myself and was very happy with the job. Cost me about $60 in paints. Just make sure you do a good job of the prepping:

BEFORE

AFTER

Also did the rear pods (on the car) looked too hard to remove them!!!
Old 07-02-2009, 02:47 PM
STI Master

MY99 at standard level

Post up a pic of your car and I'm sure someone would be able to photoshop colour coded skirts in for ya.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:49 PM
STI Master

willo at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOTER
Did mine myself and was very happy with the job. Cost me about $60 in paints. Just make sure you do a good job of the prepping:

BEFORE

AFTER

Also did the rear pods (on the car) looked too hard to remove them!!!
That does look sweet. Dammit i need to cars that way i can have the best of both worlds. Black looks good but so does yellow. Argh decisions decisions

Tags
advice