Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Examples of rolled GD Rear guards. (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/28415-examples-rolled-gd-rear-guards.html)

waxdass 08-08-2009 10:59 AM

tino - i tried to get Des from autofx to roll the rears... quiet simply, you cant.

theres two sheets of metal there... it aint moving anywhere.

Your only bet is to start chopping into it and bend it that way.

you need more camber man - im running -2.8 at the rear and the 9.5's tuck in nicelely. I only ever rub when i hit huge dips on the road.

trainwrex 08-08-2009 11:04 AM

^^^^

Ahh thats what i wanted to know tode... Des is coming to do it sometime next week.. So all he can really do is get the mallet out???

Did he heat up the gaurd first??

The car hasnt been aligned yet as i dont have my bonnent or bumper back from the painters..

waxdass 08-08-2009 11:25 AM

[QUOTE=trainwrex;384001]^^^^

Ahh thats what i wanted to know tode... Des is coming to do it sometime next week.. So all he can really do is get the mallet out???

Did he heat up the gaurd first??

The car hasnt been aligned yet as i dont have my bonnent or bumper back from the painters..[/QUOTE]

Yeah you use a heat gun and mallet to push them out.

The fronts have only 1 sheet of metal so they go easy.
Rears... you can try but you wont get far..

your problem is your camber. get a alignment FIRST, then asses from there...

18x8 or 8.5? shouldnt need that much if anything i woulda thought..
more camber!

blue.spec 08-08-2009 12:13 PM

why not get they cut out properly by a workshop tino and do it right? they will cut them then roll them im pretty sure

trainwrex 08-08-2009 01:28 PM

^^^^

Its dosent need to modified much at all... im only running an 8 inch wide rim... a bit of camber will solve the issue also... put knocking in that part of the rear fender is a good idea imo..

American Dave 08-08-2009 03:56 PM

LOL thats it tino I coming around and bashing it myself :D

this thread just keeps giving

type25 08-08-2009 07:58 PM

2.8 degrees of negative camber on the rear is sheer lunacy on any impreza,

with the power figures tino's car is putting down it would be wise to only run about 1 degree of negative camber to try and get the best traction possible by keeping most of the tyre in contact with the road.

waxdass 08-08-2009 08:08 PM

[QUOTE=type25;384081]2.8 degrees of negative camber on the rear is sheer lunacy on any impreza,

with the power figures tino's car is putting down it would be wise to only run about 1 degree of negative camber to try and get the best traction possible by keeping most of the tyre in contact with the road.[/QUOTE]

it aint THAT bad, stop exaggerating.

jEstEr? 08-08-2009 09:12 PM

i'll come hit it with a hammer

trainwrex 08-08-2009 09:18 PM

[QUOTE=jEstEr?;384100]i'll come hit it with a hammer[/QUOTE]

You just want to touch the car again in nordie places.. hahah

The rims are all waxed now, so ur mess will just fall off them.. ahha