Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

REXZIBIT at standard level
Talking MY01 Subaru WRX Custom Boot Install - With Pictures!!!

Hey Guys,

As of late, me and my mate decided to build a boot install for his uni project, in the WRX.

Basically, it is a box built exactly to shape of the hole behind the rear seats.
Also has a false wall surrounding the box and a false floor in the boot, to replace the factory wheel cover/carpet.

Ill post up all the progress pics as soon as possible.
For the time being, here are some quick finished shots of the install which we took last night.

Lukas
Attached Thumbnails
2lcwcnp.jpg   4fwoe0.jpg  

Last edited by REXZIBIT; 04-11-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:11 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

MsImpreza at standard level

Dude thats sweet as! wish my boot was as clean as that :O my sub kinda casualy rolls around in my boot :|
Old 04-11-2009, 03:19 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Haha, well if you want we could always build you one aswell

The boot consists of a custom shaped box to fit into the rear of the boot perfectly saving as much room as possible but still having the recommended 70L +-5L space for 2 12's. Inside the box is painted white with one blue neon for extra viewing pleasure This panel of the box is set an the same angle as the rear seats so the perspex fills the entire gap between the rear seat fold down.

12mm Laser cut Perspex to be seen inbetween the rear seat fold down, with WRX cut into it.

We then built the false floor which is on enough rails to support heavy load.
The floor is split nto two so access to the spare wheel is still available, and the amp can be seen under the small section through another piece of perspex.
This piece of perspex has SUBARU - All Wheel Drive laser cut into it also.

Finally the false back wall was templated and cut to fit all the contour lines of the boot.
Unfortunately seeing that they are not symetrical (So much for your life long slogan hey Subaru ) so trial and error trimming took place until it fit.

The entire thing was caropeted in carpet the same as the stock colour found in the boot.
And walah! Presto! We have a custom boot install of 2 x 12" Pioneer 1200W Subs powered by a Pioneer 1000W Monoblock Amp.

Next on the list of entertainment will be installing a playstation (Hardcore Guitar Hero Fan here ) and a 10 Disc DVD Stacker each side of the subs which will be accessible from the false wall. A Double din touch screen Pioneer deck, 4 x MB Quartz speakers with a Alpine 4 channel to power them. And finally.....a freaking crap load of Dynamat through the car

But all in all, not bad for a first attempt at building an entire boot install which is practical and space saving while still making optimal for bass.

Opinions and suggestions will be appreciated

Last edited by REXZIBIT; 04-11-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

how is your amp ventilated??

also, I dislike the false wall around the sub box not being part of the front of the sub box, so it was all carpeted in 1 piece... a side from that tho, it looks pretty good. Oh I don't like how the bottom of the subs are cut off by the false floor.

You coulda just bought the GD WRX install I have sitting here, and made some alterations to make it fit up schmick... It has perspex and everythign too :P
Old 04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Ventilation on the amp was something someone else mentioned which is going to have to be modified soon. Not sure 100% on how to do so at the moment, any ideas?

The false wall is two serpeate pieces joined at the middle of the top of the sub box, I wanted to carpet the false wall and sub box all together to get rid of all the join lines but at the time we were thinking of it still being easily removeable.

Dont worry, I have the same outlook as you on the bottom of the subs being cut off, I wasnt too happy with that but because of the shape of the box and trying to make the most room possible as well as keep the floor the right height for the amp was a problem.

Good feedback though thankyou
Changes can always be made and so far Im even more keen now to fix up those things mentioned :P

Tags
boot, install, my01, my02, wrx