Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Bonnet scoop or no bonnet scoop???? (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/35452-bonnet-scoop-no-bonnet-scoop.html)

Jenna 09-07-2010 07:02 PM

[QUOTE=BoxorBeast;467694]jenna are you on justace ? I think I saw you on their website[/QUOTE]

No I'm not :-)

Ok so wot about carbon fibre bonnet instead??

GX-REX 09-07-2010 07:14 PM

Carbon Fibre bonnet is a yellow sticker waiting to happen.
If you want the scoop, I would buy a WRX bonnet and keep your original one in storage in case you want to sell it down the track.

Jenna 09-07-2010 07:44 PM

mARC 09-07-2010 08:06 PM

So when are you going to post a pic of what you look like now?

mitchwnz 09-07-2010 09:03 PM

[QUOTE=GX-REX;467988]Carbon Fibre bonnet is a yellow sticker waiting to happen.
[/QUOTE]

Why is that?? Sorry dumb question but I had no idea they were illegal?

mARC 09-07-2010 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=mitchwnz;468020]Why is that?? Sorry dumb question but I had no idea they were illegal?[/QUOTE]

In an accident a carbon fibre bonnet will splinter rather then crumple.

So in the case of a frontal accident with a pedestrian it would be similar to driving spikes through them instead of rolling over the top.

'that's my understanding, anyone else have a take on this?'

Jenna 09-07-2010 09:16 PM

[QUOTE=mARC;468008]So when are you going to post a pic of what you look like now?[/QUOTE]

When I can b bothered..... :-)

monkeee 10-07-2010 04:55 PM

As said before, you car = your style, must reflect you so if you want the scoop by all means get it (if you are happy at the end of the day then thats a win).

If you want to improve the look of your impreza with/without the scoop, try lowering it and finding some good used stock wrx rims, plenty of other non-turbo owners have done this and it looks understated but very stylish none the less and it wont cost too much.

[QUOTE=Startodo;467592]There's a black gx going round beechboro with gold painted wheel covers and a wrx scoop... I mean seriously whats the F****** point[/QUOTE]

I have seen that car too....not cool, its not the scoop that's gay, its the wheel covers and the WRX badge stuck on the back that just aren't right.

BALISTC 10-07-2010 06:10 PM

If you don't have a wrx because its too expensive to insure, why are you looking at blowing the cash you've saved, on mods for your non-turbo Impreza?

92 RS 11-07-2010 12:09 AM

^^ this man speaks the truth. dont bonnet scoop it. and xsv4rce above him. theres just no point. money and effort better spent elsewhere. respect to all subys but that scoops there for a reason, and you dont have that reason. its the equivalent of putting HSV badges on a V8 commo, or a hornet scoop on a V6. why try to make it something it isnt? lower and a nice rim choice will be infinately better. understated is where its at.

of course its your car and your decision in the end. just my OP :D