Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Blowing headlights. MY10 Forry (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/36782-blowing-headlights-my10-forry.html)

BLKGC8 06-09-2010 10:22 AM

rossco hit the nail on the head.. also are you driving with them on all the time? ie day and night

rexhunta 06-09-2010 04:25 PM

Yes, my wife drives to Worsley and back and I prefer her to have them constantly on going up that hill everyday.

I dropped into Subaru this arvo, they gave me 2 results. The lady rekons the globes are being put in wrong ( the 1 Subaru had put in has blown ), or the rigidity of the headlight assembly wobbles the filament too much.

I queried her on the start up thing, and she changed her opinion and said yeah it could be that.

So I told the missus to now start the car up with them off, and turn them back on.

Thanks heaps for the replies guys.

Pete.

Kato 06-09-2010 05:30 PM

Are these factory spec globes or aftermarket?

Factory spec, I'd be taking it to them for warranty work.

rexhunta 06-09-2010 05:56 PM

Originals where factory, we've just been replacing with either Philips or what the local parts store has, but still in H7.

Rossco 06-09-2010 06:01 PM

No manufacturer warrants halogen globes.

Factory HID's are a different story though.

Kato 06-09-2010 07:17 PM

Surely there is reason for investigation on a MY10 Forrester that keeps blowing globes?

That is unless the owners manual states not to start the car with them on.

I like to use a warranty while I still have one :)

MKVIGTI 06-09-2010 09:21 PM

Silly question. Your not touching the glass when you put them in are you? I was under the impression that the oils in your skin can contribute to premature failures of Halogen globes. Don't know why but have been told this 1/2 dozen times by auto sparkies.

Thumbs up for the turn off before shutting the car of and turn back on after starting.

mark1 06-09-2010 09:46 PM

I think theis may be a common problem, The work cars are new Forresters and on of those has blown at least 5 globes in the past year.

AJAYJAY 06-09-2010 09:49 PM

my friend has an 07 impreza and her driver side HID doesnt work...i have no clue on HID's...

what would i needa look out for to see why they dont work??

rexhunta 07-09-2010 04:20 AM

[QUOTE=BlackSTi;487238]Silly question. Your not touching the glass when you put them in are you? I was under the impression that the oils in your skin can contribute to premature failures of Halogen globes. Don't know why but have been told this 1/2 dozen times by auto sparkies.

Thumbs up for the turn off before shutting the car of and turn back on after starting.[/QUOTE]

The part about your skin oils affecting the globe is true. But no, I actually pull them out of the box backwards, and at no time the glass comes in contact with my skin.