Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Sokoza at standard level
Default Ozzytyres - Buyer Beware

Hello there Perth-wrx followers,

Today I am posting this tread to spread warning and word of the company Ozzytyres, a very popular and well known wheel company. In October 2010 I ordered a set of White 17" Inital D rims without tyres for a total cost of $900 (free shipping and lock nuts inc). I payed them upfront as most people do and since they had a reputable name, after waiting over a month for my wheels to arrive in which I made multiple phone calls and emails to find out where they were I got onto an employee whom was very helpful (unlike others) and told me that they were sitting at a freight dock missing one rim. He then sent me a new set of rims straight away, with a set of lock nuts. The wheels that arrived had these issues.

1. Wheels were not what I ordered; I was given RSGT's not Inital D's.
2. Damage - 3 out of the 4 wheels suffer from chips on paint. (I tried to see if they were scuff marks but they are defiantly chips!)
3. Unhappy with some of the paint finish on where spoke meets the dish.
4. No lock nuts provided.

After getting onto the boss Hussein at Hoxton Park NSW, I showed him the chips and he shrugged them off, he also said that that's how wheels come and gave me two options. Option 1 was to keep the wheels and receive a discount on my next purchase at Ozzytyres, option 2 was to send the wheels back at MY EXPENSE for them to inspect them and MAYBE give me another set. I told him I was unhappy with that and said he is to pick them up the next day with no charge to me, he said he will see what he could do and that he would call me back. He never called back, I rang him again and he told me that he would pick them up, he was very rude and obnoxious.

The wheels where picked up and I gave him a week to get back to me, nothing, So I rang him again asking how he went with assessing the wheels, he said that only 3/4 wheels arrived and hasn't looked at them yet, I said that wasn't good enough, and that I wanted a full refund and didn't want anymore stuffing around. He told me that won't happen and that he will be sending the damaged wheels straight back to me, I then told him that I was going to take it to the Department of Fair Trading and he said "Good luck with that" and the phone call was terminated.

I then contacted the QLD DOFT (Department of Fair Trading) and they told me:

"As a consumer, you are legally entitled to a refund, exchange or repair from the place of purchase if goods you purchase:
have a fault you did not know about when you bought it
are?not the same as the seller or advertisement described
don?t do the job you were led to believe they would
don?t match the sample
don?t last a reasonable amount of time, given the price you paid."
http://www.fairtradi....au/refunds.htm

So I lodged an official complaint, they have been very helpful and as of last week informed me that Ozzytyres are going to fully refund me. It has been a full week after I gave my bank details and still haven't received my money, so they are obviously dragging it out as long as they can. So after a 5 month ordeal I'm very close to a win, if you could call it that.

So, BUYER BEWARE.

Sokoza

Tags
beware, buyer, ozzytyres