Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Cosmetic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/)
-   -   Slight mods and passing PITTS (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cosmetic/58459-slight-mods-passing-pitts.html)

nachjoe 04-06-2014 01:14 PM

Ok well stuff this, its a 6 week current wait for a “approval in principle" to take along when I go over the pits....Need my car licenced before then...looks like i'll wing it with the moon roof/radiator/springs and will source a rear centre brake light.

Any suggestions on where to get a break light?

Rossco 04-06-2014 01:24 PM

Auto pro, repco, Auto one

Throw your permit in a coppers face & he'll sticker you for worn pedal pads or worn seat belts for being a wanker.

Pimpreza 04-06-2014 02:00 PM

If your spoiler doesn't have a brake light built in just leave it off, they won't care, make sure your pod is held in place with a steel bracket, it's a sun roof and they were a Subaru option so I wouldn't worry about it and a moon roof is a perspex dome they put on weird hot-rods and experimental cars in the 50's and 60's.

nachjoe 04-06-2014 02:20 PM

Cheers Pimpreza, spoiler does have a break light just found out universals are $33 at repco LED but need to hard wire it or rewire into the existing plug.

Cheers for the info on the sunroof!

nachjoe 04-06-2014 04:49 PM

Actually as new law you need to have a modification permit for a pod filter and I dont want to wait 6 weeks for that has anyone got a stock air box I can borrow?

Looking at taking it over next tuesday - would really appreciate!

Patch 04-06-2014 06:04 PM

[QUOTE=nachjoe;801035]Actually as new law you need to have a modification permit for a pod filter and I dont want to wait 6 weeks for that has anyone got a stock air box I can borrow?

Looking at taking it over next tuesday - would really appreciate![/QUOTE]

All you need to do to get a pod permitted is make sure it's secured with a bracket, go to the department of transport, buy a modification permit receipt for $22 or something, and present that upon inspection. They'll then assess it and if they approve it you'll be issued with a permit for it.

Only applies for the super basic stuff like pod filters and extractors, things like exhausts, chassis modifications, etc etc need to go through the whole application form/engineering process.

riceman1991 04-06-2014 06:11 PM

if you have your spoiler you can unscrew the brake light out of that, velcro onto your shelf and run the wires. i had mine like this for ages, before i found a proper gx brake light for sale

Saint_23 12-06-2014 11:19 AM

Joe asked me to post on his behalf....

He is chasing some 16" rims with 50 profile tyres to borrow to get over the pits.
If you can help out contact him on O411 161 115.

nachjoe 12-06-2014 01:05 PM

Still in desperate need anyone ?

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

nachjoe 13-06-2014 05:01 PM

All sorted guys, after one hell off a day yesterday she passed!

Big shoutout to [B][COLOR="Red"]Mick at Japline Malaga[/COLOR][/B] he really went out of his way and helped alot! This guy not only has heaps of spare parts for sale they service and fix sh*t too and he knows his stuff - gives you the time of day 100% recommend him

I ran into [B][COLOR="red"]Jim the mobile subi mechanic[/COLOR][/B] - top bloke!

[COLOR="red"][B]Sean at All Star Garage[/B][/COLOR] for having best intentions trying to help me

[COLOR="red"][b]David 'Saint_23[/COLOR][/B]' for throwing up a post on my behalf while I was driving around like mad saving me from causing harm to myself or others by trying to typeon a mobile whilst driving.

[B]Ok so...when the heck is the next meet :)[/B]