Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Technical > Cosmetic
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

Mister Two at standard level

On my GT wagon I have 25% on the two front windows, 15% on the two middle windows and 5% on the back two windows and the wagon hatch window. From a distance, you cant tell its all different tint, but its really good for not letting people see in the back when I park on the street.
Old 13-09-2006, 03:10 AM
cH4nZ

Oh and another thing, if you own a hatch, liftback or have things on the parcel shelf that are easily stolen go for multiple layer tints. Like cars with performance audio seem todo that, last car i saw had 2 competition 15" Fosgates in the back of a series 8 RX-7. He got 7 Layers of tint on the rear screen. Also if you have corner windows multiple layers is a good option for them seeing how that IS the most common way of breaking in. screwdrive the seal, add leverage or just twist, pop the window and glass shatters then unlock door. Make sure you get it tinted UNDER the seals though so the window still stays in place even after it shatters. Makes it a bitch to get through =) Normal windows that wind up n down (door windows) isnt a problem because you cant get through simply popping with a screw driver because there is give in the window when leverage is applied therefore it wont break, will simply move a lil. Yes you can simply smash the window with a brick or something, but most theives would rather be discreet, if cant then they'd go try another car rather then make alot of noise on yours. Either that or the brick WILL set off alarms =) On another note, reason why most break-ins happen from the rear part of the car is because window shattering shock of the break is so light that most alarms dont set off and also most alarms microwave sensors installed have usually been installed to focused on the cockpit area of the car. Some sensors are decent enough to go off on air movement, but alot are just not sensitive enough against a thief that knows what he's doing. Some sensitivity settings are low to cater for systems that dont go off with windows open, air movements through open A/C vents and movement of the vehicle alone. Dont ask how I know these things. Think of tint as added security. CAN be worth the dollars especially if you spent the dollars on a system and such. Remember car insurance dont usually cover crazy systems. I got paid 500 for a 8thou system stolen from my last car. -_-

Last edited by cH4nZ; 13-09-2006 at 03:32 AM.
Old 13-09-2006, 06:10 AM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Two
On my GT wagon I have 25% on the two front windows, 15% on the two middle windows and 5% on the back two windows and the wagon hatch window. From a distance, you cant tell its all different tint, but its really good for not letting people see in the back when I park on the street.
can u PM me some pics up close and from a distance. I am thinking of staging my tint the same way to hide the fully sick kustom b00t install.

cheers
Old 13-09-2006, 08:44 AM

Mister Two at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPreSiV
can u PM me some pics up close and from a distance. I am thinking of staging my tint the same way to hide the fully sick kustom b00t install.

cheers
Tint Staging: 25% Front , 15% Middle , 5% Rear and Hatch

Straight on, it is apparent in bright lighting conditions with a light background.

However, from an Angle, it is quite difficult to recognise the staged tinting at a glance and under any darker parking conditions

Last edited by Mister Two; 13-09-2006 at 08:50 AM.
Old 13-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Sir AntiLag

D1josh at standard level

IMHO, if ure gonna go with legal grade, theres 0 point in tinting your car because it makes squat difference... And if ure gonna go illegal, you mayswell go all out... I had 5% on my car and if i got yellowed, id put it straight back on again
Old 13-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Subaru Tech Division

EVL WRX at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1josh
IMHO, if ure gonna go with legal grade, theres 0 point in tinting your car because it makes squat difference... And if ure gonna go illegal, you mayswell go all out... I had 5% on my car and if i got yellowed, id put it straight back on again

Sorry dude disagree totally. take a non tinted car in summer, put darkest legal tint on it and compare the interior temps.. Huge difference... with 90%+ UV protection and 60%+ heat resistance it's definately worth every cent...

Now I agree with the fact that dark illegal tint looks better on most cars, but saying that anything legal is a waste of time/money is just not true..
Old 13-09-2006, 11:54 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

subastyln at standard level

whats the legality on all the fancy pants graphic tint??
Old 13-09-2006, 12:04 PM
cH4nZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by subastyln
whats the legality on all the fancy pants graphic tint??

Q. What makes a tint illegal?

A. According to West Australian law, you are only allowed a film which has VLT(Visual Light Transmittance) of 35% and doesn't reflect more than 10% light. If film is fitted darker or more reflective than that, your car can be defected.

Q. Are graphics illegal?

A. If a 35% graphic is applied first then another layer of 35% fitted on top of it, it makes the graphic darker than the legal limit so is illegal. Generally, the traffic authorities don t mind a logo or small design in the back window or some small graphics running along the bottom of your side windows, but the police can still defect your car if they feel it is too dark or blocking your vision.

---http://www.TKOtinting.com---

Last edited by cH4nZ; 13-09-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 13-09-2006, 12:07 PM

ImPreSiV is a guruImPreSiV is a guru

no tint with any mirror graphics (aka TKO tint) is legal

fader tint isnt legal (tint fading from mirror to normal)

only tint that is legal is 35% block out tint.. no if's but's or maybe's
Old 13-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Sir AntiLag

nicksrex at standard level

Hey all, Got it done at 20% (endurance). These were taken just after it was done so its on completly dry yet. What do you guys think?

Also like to thank Trent at TKO Tinting, if anyone wants some work done his number is 0410585045.

Tags
tint