Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Personal Classifieds > The Former Workshops Forum
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Vendor

gslrallysport at standard level
Default QFM High Performance Street and Track Pads!

QFM's Performance Street pads fall into two compounds. The first is the HPX pad which is a perfect choice for street cars looking for excellent braking performance whilst retaining all the qualities of a good street pad. The HPX pads are ideal for high performance street cars looking for higher working temperatures with reduced fade, and also for Four Wheel Drives or vehicles looking to enhance their towing capacity or safety.The HPX pads unlike many pads in this performance range are virtually dust free, whilst maintaining low rotor wear.

QFM's second high performance street pad is the A1RM compound and provides QFM with its club sport track pad. It is ideal for high performance street cars that take to the track to test the limits, whilst still being a streetable pad. The A1RM is ideal for club level rally and hill climb where brakes are required right from the first corner!

SPECIFICATIONS
Formulation - Cold Friction - High Friction - Temperature ©
HPX - 0.41 - 0.42 - 0-550
A1RM - 0.40 - 0.48 - 0-780

For all the latest reports on QFM's Performance Pads checkout:
QFM Performance Website with URL'd customer feedback!!! <<<--- Clicky!

HPX - Starting from $79 per axle set front or rear
A1RM - Starting from $119 per axle set front or rear

As always, any question or dramas feel free to give us a bell, payment can either be credit card or direct deposit.

For more information checkout http://www.qfmperformance.com or give us a bell on 1300 884 836.

Last edited by gslrallysport; 21-05-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Vendor

Feedback from a Perth WRX member:
http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showpost...9&postcount=17
Old 01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Vendor

More feedback:
Quote:
Well I've just got back from Oz where I spent 2000km's driving on a new set of A1RM pads from gslrallysport.

These are an excellent road-track day pad and a good compromise for those that want one pad to everything!!! Much cheaper then Brands* A, B, C, D etc and as good or better...

IMHO these are excellent, very cheap (mine were about $120 for the fronts IIRC) and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

If you want a new set of sport pads these are the pad to get!

* GSL RallySport will not publish comparison's between name brands, for the actual brands compared, please click the below link!
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19733
Old 19-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Vendor

QFM A1RM Fitted to S14 Silvia
Quote:
Installed my front pads last week (A1RM) with DBA4000 rotors and so far Im very pleased. Initial bite is very good and they seem to pull the car up very quickly. So far much better than my old RB74s.
http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index...post&p=5148992
Old 19-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Sir AntiLag

Adam86 at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Adam86

just wondering how these pads are in the noise category...
do they have a tendancy to squeel after hard braking? or do they operate like a stock pad? e.g no noise at all no mater what condition..

looking at gettin some for brembos

Thanks,
Adam
Old 19-05-2009, 03:01 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

deviant at standard level

On my car...Silent!
Old 19-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviant
On my car...Silent!
Yep, that's the general consensus. Noise is harmonics between the backing plate and the caliper itself, it has nothing to do with the pad material, unless it's a very low speed grinding noise, not the high pitched squeal most people get.

It would be highly unusual if they do squeal, but I couldn't guarantee it either way, as the Brembo pads are a very recent addition to the QFM range.
Old 20-05-2009, 12:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

pcracing at standard level

Mate had thes on a Bug eye, A1RM used as daily driver and the odd bit of spirited driving.. geat pad.

however two laps of Collie and they caught fire and melted.

Didn't do any AHG stuff so cannot comment.

I would buy them again and have been advised that the I was using them beyond their limit and should have gone for another pad.

so I would recommend them for street, maybe the drags and some short sprint stuff, but don't take them to collie or Barbegallo.

Wazza.
Old 21-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Vendor

Wazza, what compound QFM pad? There's about 20 in total...

We run the A1RM in our rally car, and have done for many years. We regularly supply them to other circuit racing guys, and in rally Tas this year (first tarmac round of the ARC) 3 cars were running A1RM's, and did the whole event on the same set of pads.

Sounds like they probably just had the standard road stuff like Super X or Super Q. Basically if it wasn't bought through ourselves, or BW in Melb (who are the only two QFM performance pad distributors) then it probably wasn't one of their performance pads.

You've only read reports like this:
Quote:
Well I've just got back from Oz where I spent 2000km's driving on a new set of A1RM pads from gslrallysport.

These are an excellent road-track day pad and a good compromise for those that want one pad to everything!!! Much cheaper then Endless, ProjectMu, SBS, Ferodo etc and as good or better...

IMHO these are excellent, very cheap (mine were about $120 for the fronts IIRC) and HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19733
or this:
Quote:
I hit the A1RM pads HARD at Winton. (I also replaced the fluid with Penrite SIN synthetic).

These pads are really good. I had zero brake fade on the stock calipers. I actually wasn't expecting much.

They remained tight and still usable even after the hardest laps!

Cant recommend them enough!

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpo...30&postcount=9
to figure out we're probably not talking about the same pads here...

As I said, there's about 20 different QFM compounds, ranging from cheap taxi stuff, to stuff that gets sold in other boxes as 'brand name' race pads.

Last edited by gslrallysport; 21-05-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 21-05-2009, 12:12 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

pcracing at standard level

THe box had A1RM on it I had contacted someone when it all first happened and made a complaint etc.
As said I still have them on the rear of the car with no problems, I could have got an off set or the wrong ones in a box or whatever.

I'll try and find the emails on my other computer i think, I did receive a phone call to query everything.
will check it out and get back to you