Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Gaming and Multiplayer
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level
Default logitech z5500 owners

Thanks to mat i have just done this mod to my speakers.

1. Activating the second skin

Basically this changes the level display for the volume control to a "stepped" type display instead of the default "bar" display. It also changes the color of the LED when in standby mode from red to purple... how cool is that?

To toggle between the first and second skins, first set the unit to standby mode, then press Input + Effect + Settings + Mute simultaneously for 6 seconds. Once you see the LED flash for 2 seconds.

also when you use the remote to change volume the led flashs purple

looks great
Old 29-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Flat Four Father

NVRENUF at standard level

2. Enable equalized volume between Digital and Analog sources

By default analog signals are lower in volume compared to optical and coaxial signals. If you want to boost the analog signal to make it sound as loud as the digital volume do the following:

While in 6 Channel Direct mode, hold down the mute button and start rotating the volume knob while keeping the mute button down. Note that the display should now show the volume "offset" values ranging from 1 to 11, depending on how many times you turn the knob.

3. Displaying firmware version and resetting to factory settings

Set the unit to standby mode then press Input + Settings simultaneously for 6 seconds. This will display the firmware version for a few seconds and will also reset the settings to their original factory values.

4. Displaying the digital stream type/mode

Set the unit to standby mode then press Input + Effect simultaneously for 6 seconds. This will put the Control Center in "Diagnostic Mode". Now everytime the Z-5500 is fed a digital stream (DTS, DD, etc.), it will display the stream information (format, bitrate, etc.) for 5 seconds in place of the DD or DTS logo before returning to the standard display.

5. Boost Mode for audio recorded in low volume.

This setting can be dangerous if used with a digital connection or perfect loudness in videos and songs. (can void your warranty if you blow your sub/amp/speakers)

Turn the volume all the way up, then keep turning the volume up and than you will see boost levels appear 1-2-3.

6. Max Boost

Go to boost 11, hold your mute button and keep on turning and you will see boost 22. ( You have to be in analog 6ch direct mode for this to work )
Old 29-12-2008, 09:30 PM
STI Master

MY99 at standard level

Sweet! Thanks for that mate
Old 29-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

RichX knows their stuff

I love these speakers !! I have some and they rock. It's cool how once you've reached maximum volume, keep spinning the wheel and it goes into many levels of 'boost mode'.

Awesome speakers!

Tags
logitech, owners, z5500