Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Gaming and Multiplayer (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/gaming-multiplayer/)
-   -   MAG (Massive Action Game) (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/gaming-multiplayer/32253-mag-massive-action-game.html)

PRODIGY 15-02-2010 05:02 PM

MAG (Massive Action Game)

Has anyone had a chance to play this yet?

[URL]http://au.playstation.com/games-media/games/detail/item156283/MAG%E2%84%A2/[/URL]

As an online COD fan wondering if this will be any good seeing it's solely online with up to 256 players at one time. :)

Rexxar 15-02-2010 05:36 PM

thats gona be more laggy then MW2....how they have 200 in one server...

never the less Bad Company 2 is where its at...hopefully full game be good

Strax 02-03-2010 06:05 PM

They briefly reviewed this on Good Game last night and neither of them seemed too impressed with it.

Looks okay though if you could get into a big enough clan.

Foxymophandlmama 03-03-2010 07:47 AM

You need to work as a team in this one its not a run n gun kind of game. There are 3 sides to this war, Raven, SVER, and Valor, and you can only be on one so if ur jumping on with mates make sure u all pick the same side.

Its not as you would think 256 players all running round together, each squad has its own objective so, altho there can be up 128 perhaps on a side, the squads stick to their own objectives so u rarely cross paths. So you dont need to be in a huge clan, a squad consists of 9 players and you are given specific targets within the battlefield. You can venture off and work with the other squads but its in ur best interest to stick to ur designated target as you get more points for doing so.

You would expect lag, but there is none. I dunno how they have done it but this game has none of the lag issues of COD or BFBC2.

Ranking up system sounds interesting, i havent ranked up a whole heap myself yet but as I understand it as you reach certain levels more points and gaming options become available to you. To start with its pretty simple ur a grunt u attack ur objective and gain ur points. As you rank up you can take on the role of squad leader, which gives you other attack options like air strikes plus you earn leadership points on top of the regular points. Then I have read you can rank up to become leader of the 4 squads that make up a side in any one game. Not 100% on the perks of this but I believe its again even more attack options and further leadership points.

Word of warning, if you decide to change sides you lose all points and ranking and start over. Each side does have different weapons available to it (one has heaps of hi-tech another is more low budget guerilla style but they all hold their own) so the game has plenty of longevity if you want to rank up thru all three sides.

PRODIGY 03-03-2010 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=Foxymophandlmama;436022]You need to work as a team in this one its not a run n gun kind of game. There are 3 sides to this war, Raven, SVER, and Valor, and you can only be on one so if ur jumping on with mates make sure u all pick the same side.

Its not as you would think 256 players all running round together, each squad has its own objective so, altho there can be up 128 perhaps on a side, the squads stick to their own objectives so u rarely cross paths. So you dont need to be in a huge clan, a squad consists of 9 players and you are given specific targets within the battlefield. You can venture off and work with the other squads but its in ur best interest to stick to ur designated target as you get more points for doing so.

You would expect lag, but there is none. I dunno how they have done it but this game has none of the lag issues of COD or BFBC2.

Ranking up system sounds interesting, i havent ranked up a whole heap myself yet but as I understand it as you reach certain levels more points and gaming options become available to you. To start with its pretty simple ur a grunt u attack ur objective and gain ur points. As you rank up you can take on the role of squad leader, which gives you other attack options like air strikes plus you earn leadership points on top of the regular points. Then I have read you can rank up to become leader of the 4 squads that make up a side in any one game. Not 100% on the perks of this but I believe its again even more attack options and further leadership points.

Word of warning, if you decide to change sides you lose all points and ranking and start over. Each side does have different weapons available to it (one has heaps of hi-tech another is more low budget guerilla style but they all hold their own) so the game has plenty of longevity if you want to rank up thru all three sides.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for all that info Foxy, sounds a lot more tactical than CODMW2. Makes my decision harder now as i was considering getting BFBC2 once it's released instead of this.

Julian84 03-03-2010 10:46 PM

been playing bad company 2 SP its not bad