Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > Off Topic Discussions > Gaming and Multiplayer
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level
Default MAG (Massive Action Game)

Has anyone had a chance to play this yet?

http://au.playstation.com/games-medi.../MAG%E2%84%A2/

As an online COD fan wondering if this will be any good seeing it's solely online with up to 256 players at one time.
Old 15-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Flat Four Father

Rexxar at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Rexxar

thats gona be more laggy then MW2....how they have 200 in one server...

never the less Bad Company 2 is where its at...hopefully full game be good
Old 02-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Scoobie Noobie

Strax at standard level

They briefly reviewed this on Good Game last night and neither of them seemed too impressed with it.

Looks okay though if you could get into a big enough clan.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Sir AntiLag

Foxymophandlmama at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Foxymophandlmama

You need to work as a team in this one its not a run n gun kind of game. There are 3 sides to this war, Raven, SVER, and Valor, and you can only be on one so if ur jumping on with mates make sure u all pick the same side.

Its not as you would think 256 players all running round together, each squad has its own objective so, altho there can be up 128 perhaps on a side, the squads stick to their own objectives so u rarely cross paths. So you dont need to be in a huge clan, a squad consists of 9 players and you are given specific targets within the battlefield. You can venture off and work with the other squads but its in ur best interest to stick to ur designated target as you get more points for doing so.

You would expect lag, but there is none. I dunno how they have done it but this game has none of the lag issues of COD or BFBC2.

Ranking up system sounds interesting, i havent ranked up a whole heap myself yet but as I understand it as you reach certain levels more points and gaming options become available to you. To start with its pretty simple ur a grunt u attack ur objective and gain ur points. As you rank up you can take on the role of squad leader, which gives you other attack options like air strikes plus you earn leadership points on top of the regular points. Then I have read you can rank up to become leader of the 4 squads that make up a side in any one game. Not 100% on the perks of this but I believe its again even more attack options and further leadership points.

Word of warning, if you decide to change sides you lose all points and ranking and start over. Each side does have different weapons available to it (one has heaps of hi-tech another is more low budget guerilla style but they all hold their own) so the game has plenty of longevity if you want to rank up thru all three sides.

Not speeding Officer........Qualifying.

Last edited by Foxymophandlmama; 03-03-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Subaru Tech Division

PRODIGY at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxymophandlmama View Post
You need to work as a team in this one its not a run n gun kind of game. There are 3 sides to this war, Raven, SVER, and Valor, and you can only be on one so if ur jumping on with mates make sure u all pick the same side.

Its not as you would think 256 players all running round together, each squad has its own objective so, altho there can be up 128 perhaps on a side, the squads stick to their own objectives so u rarely cross paths. So you dont need to be in a huge clan, a squad consists of 9 players and you are given specific targets within the battlefield. You can venture off and work with the other squads but its in ur best interest to stick to ur designated target as you get more points for doing so.

You would expect lag, but there is none. I dunno how they have done it but this game has none of the lag issues of COD or BFBC2.

Ranking up system sounds interesting, i havent ranked up a whole heap myself yet but as I understand it as you reach certain levels more points and gaming options become available to you. To start with its pretty simple ur a grunt u attack ur objective and gain ur points. As you rank up you can take on the role of squad leader, which gives you other attack options like air strikes plus you earn leadership points on top of the regular points. Then I have read you can rank up to become leader of the 4 squads that make up a side in any one game. Not 100% on the perks of this but I believe its again even more attack options and further leadership points.

Word of warning, if you decide to change sides you lose all points and ranking and start over. Each side does have different weapons available to it (one has heaps of hi-tech another is more low budget guerilla style but they all hold their own) so the game has plenty of longevity if you want to rank up thru all three sides.
Great, thanks for all that info Foxy, sounds a lot more tactical than CODMW2. Makes my decision harder now as i was considering getting BFBC2 once it's released instead of this.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:46 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Julian84 at standard level

been playing bad company 2 SP its not bad

Tags
action, game, mag, massive