Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Gaming and Multiplayer (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/gaming-multiplayer/)
-   -   Star Wars The Old Republic (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/gaming-multiplayer/46403-star-wars-old-republic.html)

ferozaj 15-12-2011 09:03 AM

Star Wars The Old Republic

Hello all,

Anyone here going to play or are playing (if in the early access like me)

Star wars the old republic???

Best MMO i have played by far with full voice acting for all conversations in the game etc..

No need to flame or rant if you arent interested in the game just dont post please unless its discussing the good/bad features.

MY99GT 15-12-2011 09:29 AM

I've been thinking about getting it, but my mate was telling me you have to order from the US and get the disc?

ferozaj 15-12-2011 09:59 AM

I ordered from amazon (USA, as release in australia isnt until some time in the new year), because i preordered i got a code from them straight away that let me play from now until the release date which is around the 20th i think.

Because i dont yet have the CD from amazon once the 20th (official release) comes i cannot play anymore...i need to wait anywhere from 23-27thdec for my package to arrive from amazon.

At this point i can open the box and get the cdkey from it to put it in and continue playing (and paying).

There are other options, you can download the client which is what i did and some people are buying keys from overseas sites. This means you wont get the CD (but do you really need it??).

I played in the closed beta a few weeks ago and it was great.

Having voice acted dialogue for all conversations and quests in the game makes leveling interesting.

THe fact that your companions can do all the crafting and gathering (you send them out on missions) means you dont have to waste your own time farming materials, however you can still have access to making your own gear.

MY99GT 15-12-2011 10:12 AM

I love the farming mats aspect of gaming tho. I have 5 85's in wow and spent most of my time farming mats to make stuff. I generally can't dedicate a couple of solid hours to raiding or whatever as the wife bugs me haha

I might have a look at downloading the client, and sub that way...

ferozaj 15-12-2011 10:39 AM

yep, will have to wait until next year some time then i guess.

You can order through origin or something??

Thing is it wont accept australian address's or cards etc...half the globe still cant buy it (hence i got it from US)

ferozaj 15-12-2011 10:40 AM

Oh and on that note, Hated farming mats...so repetitive..

When i played age of conan it was so hard cause it was full world PVP everywhere, so u try to farm and bam someone kills you and starts taking your mats...

In this i just like it how u can send your companions off for missions they also craft the things for you :)

After you reverse engineer your items you get the schematics

jasonmurray 15-12-2011 10:49 AM

Im gonna give it a burl.

I thought it was a world wide release on the 20th? FUUUUUUU!!!!

MY99GT 15-12-2011 10:57 AM

How's the back mate?

A lot of my old friends from EVE online are going to play it apparently. I haven't even seen any screenshots or anything to see the detail levels etc. Will have to read up;

jasonmurray 15-12-2011 11:06 AM

Still sore but ill survive... teaches me to pick up something that weighs more than I do :/

Check out the vids on youtube. Its actually very promising.

Slap Dash 15-12-2011 11:24 AM

Did you Buy from amazon or Origin using Proxy/VPN.. I'm very keen to play just short on time lately.