Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   Gaming and Multiplayer (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/gaming-multiplayer/)
-   -   Project Cars (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/gaming-multiplayer/60683-project-cars.html)

RichX 10-02-2015 07:48 PM

Project Cars

I will be getting this, been in development for some time now! Out Soon.

[SIZE="5"][B]Updated Release Date: Mid May 2015[/B][/SIZE]

[url=http://www.projectcarsgame.com/]Project CARS - Home[/url]

Released March 17, on XBONE, PS4 & PC. The phsyics/handling are meant to be fantastic, the game being put together by enthusiasts and developers of many other driving games.

[YT]fTrwsokoNXg[/YT]

[IMG]http://www.xboxonefrance.com/uploads/games/project-cars/ProjectCars_XboxOne.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://wiiudaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/project-cars-7.jpg?e5b67c[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.winboard.org/artikel-attachments/73088d1407759807-project-cars.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://wiiudaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/project-cars-4.jpg[/IMG]

chris87 10-02-2015 11:04 PM

Ive had this for quite a well , the alpha build ..

Its probably the best racing sim out there , the graphics are incredible if you have a pc fast enough .

SolarFilms 10-02-2015 11:21 PM

This does look dope still more pumped for Gran Turismo 7 and Forza 6 though
this game could be better lets see how it is on release day

What do you play on rich ?

RichX 11-02-2015 08:34 AM

Used to be PC - Still have phases of Live for Speed, but mostly Xbox One these days, in between work and everything else.

TROLLEY 11-02-2015 10:55 AM

Recently purchased a wheel/pedals (for Forza on XBOne) which remains unused so far. Looking forward to this!

DukeDrifter 11-02-2015 02:19 PM

haha Forza 6 and GT7 have a fucking lot to live upto to compete with this. Been trying to push this on people for ages, finally seems to be gaining momentum. Played the Alhpa build on pc and its attention to detail is amazing and i can not wait to get my hands on this.

Cant even bring myself to play forza :(

T R3X 13-02-2015 04:26 PM

Getting this on PS4 as I have just purchased a Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari edition for PS4 and a Thrustmaster TX 458 italia edition for xbox one (forza and horizon etc)

RichX 25-03-2015 07:55 PM

April 2nd people!! Easter Long Weekend. :d Time to check it out.

dnbosiris 25-03-2015 08:27 PM

You sure it's April 2nd? The links I pull up say "may 2015"
Edit and Wikipedia has aus release date as" mid may 2015"

Dan [GTI] 25-03-2015 08:38 PM

Yeah it was pushed back... again...

RichX 25-03-2015 08:46 PM

Shiiitt, was looking forward to that.

[QUOTE]The shift of the release date is due to the team’s continued dedication to polishing the game, players can look forward to some additional free content as compensation for this short delay.

“Despite our long heritage and pedigree in making critically-acclaimed racing games, Project CARS is by far the grandest and most intricately detailed of them all. Despite therefore the game being 99.9% complete, the remaining 0.1% attending to small issues and bugs has been tricky to anticipate. We’re absolutely dedicated to delivering a ground-breaking experience and by targeting mid-May fans can be assured that’s what they’ll receive” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios.[/QUOTE]

Master D 25-03-2015 11:06 PM

Kinda glad that it's being held up. Need to find money for a PS4 and this game haha

SolarFilms 12-05-2015 07:29 PM

Did anyone pick it up and if so thoughts?

RichX 12-05-2015 07:38 PM

Yeah i have it.

Not stoked with it to be honest. Played it a few times, just not working well with me on the controller. Game in general needs some more work.

Having said that, I do have it on Expert/Pro.

I think I need a few more hours with it, but I think this is the general feeling in the community at the moment if you look for some more reviews.

Master D 12-05-2015 08:08 PM

yeah, been watching reviews and reading responses.
everyone has been saying its underwheming on controller and full of bugs.

alot of the footage ive found online is perfect and spectacular.

im getting it friday so im hoping to put some hours in next week and see what its all about.

astralex 12-05-2015 08:55 PM

I have it. Started out in karts. More bugs than Unity at release. That says something.

REXXXED 2.0 12-05-2015 09:21 PM

i also have it on ps4 i started the career and liked it but i find it more fun to just time trail and set or beat others times !

best car by far is the turbo lotus v6 f1 car 5 bar boost and is a insane car to handle and drive ! :)

edit: also playing on the hardest setting . the tuning is so in depth its incredible

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

JRecardo 12-05-2015 09:38 PM

I've got it on PC and overall am finding it quite enjoyable. It's not quite the Sim I expected, Assetto Corsa does that better - But the AI, graphics, and range of cars makes up for it for me. With a long term support plan and some bugs ironed out and new features implemented I think this game has a bright future and will probably lead racing sims as far as community involvement goes.

TROLLEY 13-05-2015 09:04 AM

I actually prefer Forza 5. I have Project Cars set to novice and the steering is still a c#@t, even using the Mad Catz wheel below. There's so many settings to fine tune the wheel too, but none of it is very obvious in terms of the effect it will have. Would literally take a month of fucking Sunday's to calibrate it to feel...

With Forza, the wheel just works as expected. The Project Cars menu just isn't intuitive for me and I think there is too much tuning/too many settings.

[IMG]http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2013/08/mad-catz-xbox-one-racing-wheel-610x266.jpg[/IMG]

SolarFilms 13-05-2015 11:03 AM

Maybe instead of picking it up ill put more money to one of those steering wheels ! have you got a cockpit or table for it ?

mitchwnz 13-05-2015 12:32 PM

I found the game very buggy and not a fan of the inconsistent handling. Using a controller, but that's how I've always played sims and I've found you have to be SUPER smooth otherwise the cars go wildly out of control. It would be fine apart from the fact I also started on carts and you shouldn't be able to lose control like that. Sound is buggy also.. not a fan.. have played it twice since purchasing and not looked back.

Master D 13-05-2015 12:41 PM

Google project cars wheel setup. There are lots of videos and setups people have used. Also recalibrating your wheel to the game has been helpful apparently.

Give it 6 months and I should have my sim all setup.

TROLLEY 13-05-2015 01:45 PM

[QUOTE=Master D;822328]Google project cars wheel setup. There are lots of videos and setups people have used.[/QUOTE]

Yeh mate, it's on top of my "to-do" list for the week/weekend coming. I wrote it above "marking" :D

[QUOTE=SolarFilms;822322]Maybe instead of picking it up ill put more money to one of those steering wheels ! have you got a cockpit or table for it ?[/QUOTE]

Yep, purchased one of these - [url=http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/racing-simulator-cockpit/next-level-racing-wheel-stand-for-g27-g25-t500-rs-fanatec-wheel.html]Next Level Racing Steering Wheel Stand for Logitech G27 stand[/url]

The wheel is around $700 and very hard to source. No-one ever seems to have stock. I had to wait months for mine. This stand isn't perfect for it as the bolt holes don't match up and thus you have to just use the clamps for the wheel (which is perfectly fine and sturdy), but the pedals I have had to hold down with a couple of 1 metre tie-down straps from Bunnings. They don't move though. For $245 the stand is good value. Very heavy and well built.

joshrx 17-05-2015 08:05 PM

I played project cars on my mates xbox 1 using controller the other night.

I found it quite buggy. The first time I went in for a "quick race" game, it froze at the load screen. During gameplay, the steering at low speed locks up so the car keeps turning even if you completely reverse direction on the joypad. This was very, very annoying!

There are a lot of settings, particularly suspension. IMO it needs a setting where you can apply the same values to each corner, instead of having camber, castor, toe, spring rates and damper for each individual corner - it makes the menu really long and tedious. I can see some race types where independent corner settings might be advantageous (nascar perhaps) but the average player may not know wtf is happening.

Overall, the game needs some sanding around its rough edges. Definitely has potential. I would like to try it with a steering wheel also.

Master D 18-05-2015 07:42 AM

Apparently Try Xbox is buggy as hel. I've played it for 3hrs now in total And haven't had an issue. Have found that it gets bogged down off ripple strips then fires you off them once you're back on Tarmac but it's now predictable.

QRSTUVWRX 18-05-2015 11:03 PM

How many people are playing this on PC and with what hardware? Reading up on the Steam forums and apparently it doesn't work well with AMD graphics cards, only the Nvidia cards.

What are peoples thoughts of Assetto Corsa?

JRecardo 19-05-2015 07:20 AM

There's a new AMD driver release imminent that should fix the performance issues. AMD worked fine with the early access/beta versions of the game so I'm not entirely sure why they're having issues now but it should be fixed soon.

I'm playing it on PC with a gtx980, needless to say it's performing pretty well.

RichX 20-06-2015 07:01 PM

Since the 1.4 patch - I am really enjoying this game. The graphics are awesome, game play is more real than Forza.

Missing a few nice to have things, like being able to tune the fark out of cars, and do ridiculous conversions, but for the most part, I'm at 8.5/10 for this at the moment.

REXXXED 2.0 24-06-2015 06:27 PM

[QUOTE=RichX;824975]Since the 1.4 patch - I am really enjoying this game. The graphics are awesome, game play is more real than Forza.

Missing a few nice to have things, like being able to tune the fark out of cars, and do ridiculous conversions, but for the most part, I'm at 8.5/10 for this at the moment.[/QUOTE]

just needs more cars !

using the Perth-WRX mobile app

RichX 24-06-2015 06:39 PM

Yeah:

- More cars
- Better Tuning / Modification Options
- Easier/Improved Rivals Racing - Hard to find and compete against your friends
- Easier to catch drifts / opposite lock !! FFS

I love the Oultan Park circuit, but there are a few other really great ones.

Master D 14-09-2015 09:49 PM

So, its been a couple of months since project cars.

ive got the latest patch and im a little underwhelmed.
video quality is good but the sound quality is average at best which really ruins it for me. i keep seeing footage from the new forza and dayum.

The issue for me is that PS4 between F1 2015, Pcars and driveclub there isnt a good quality game that ticks all the boxes and gran turismo is not counted as its still years away and in my mind it will be behind the 8 ball when it does land.

TROLLEY 14-09-2015 11:45 PM

I wish I could get a refund for Project Cars. Such a steaming pile of cocky shit.

I just gave Forza 6 a spin just now in it's introductory race. Fucking awesome, even using the hand controller which is normally quite hit and miss. My new wheel should land this week so I'm very much looking forward to giving that a whirl over the weekend.

SolarFilms 15-09-2015 12:55 AM

[QUOTE=Master D;829925]So, its been a couple of months since project cars.

ive got the latest patch and im a little underwhelmed.
video quality is good but the sound quality is average at best which really ruins it for me. i keep seeing footage from the new forza and dayum.

The issue for me is that PS4 between F1 2015, Pcars and driveclub there isnt a good quality game that ticks all the boxes and gran turismo is not counted as its still years away and in my mind it will be behind the 8 ball when it does land.[/QUOTE]

Jump over to xbox? I've never bought an xbox in life prior to this one always hated them but then forza 5 came out and played it and right then there I bought an xbox . Now that forza 6 has came out and I have played it for good 20 hours at least makes me ecstatic that made that decision 2 years ago.

Trolley let me know how that g920 goes did you get the manual shifter aswell?

TROLLEY 15-09-2015 09:30 AM

Nah didn't bother with the shifter. I'm only an occasional player so I stick to automatic.

Jezza 15-09-2015 12:01 PM

I guess I will give this game a miss!

Pity Forza isnt on PC. CBF buying a new console for one game, and a majority of people I play with are on PC.

JRecardo 15-09-2015 12:07 PM

I haven't played it for a while now but thought it was pretty decent on PC after the first couple of patches. A good cross between Assetto Corsa and arcade racing for me, but agree that there's not much depth to the game at all. (Unless you enjoy spending hours on car setup to drop half a second)

Forza coming to PC would be great, but like Jezza I'm not going to buy a console for one game.

Always found the shifter on the logitech units to be quite awkward too, especially if it's attached to the same level as the wheel. Paddles and clutch are good enough for me.

Master D 15-09-2015 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=SolarFilms;829933]Jump over to xbox? I've never bought an xbox in life prior to this one always hated them but then forza 5 came out and played it and right then there I bought an xbox . Now that forza 6 has came out and I have played it for good 20 hours at least makes me ecstatic that made that decision 2 years ago.

Trolley let me know how that g920 goes did you get the manual shifter aswell?[/QUOTE]

i had a 360 and PS3 before. forza was epic then and only appears to be getting better. only issue is that the missus wont let me swap my ps4 for the xbox. twas a birthday present.

TROLLEY 15-09-2015 01:46 PM

Have both ;)

Brodz 15-09-2015 02:31 PM

Xbox is for the ghey. Ps4 is win.

SolarFilms 15-09-2015 03:46 PM

[QUOTE=JRecardo;829949]

Forza coming to PC would be great, but like Jezza I'm not going to buy a console for one game.

.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Brodz;829958]Xbox is for the ghey. Ps4 is win.[/QUOTE]

Brodz:Yea how do you find the lack of forza and halo and much others was sony fanboy myself but xbox is the shit now.

Jrecardo: The reason why I'm not pc master race anymore is cause i got sick of developers screwing me with lame Pc ports for games and the lack of games in general hell even valve is turning into freemium games no half life or anything just skins.