Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Diesel

Hi_VoLtAgE is unrated

dyno's are tuning tools as already stated and can not be compared to another vehicle as there a way to many factors to account for, i for one learnt the the hard way thinking my dyno printout made me king dick as im sure lots of noobs do. my recomendation would be do dyno your car stock so later you know sort of power your mods are making.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Subaru Tech Division

POLARBEAR666 at standard level

Car in same state of tune WOK HUB DYNO = 255kW BOSCH ROLLER =234kw@wheels.

Have done a few runs on both and both are consistent with previous runs on each dyno but always that 20kw difference.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:18 PM
The Kid

WRP10 is unrated
Send a message via MSN to WRP10

But the thing is, the hub dyno gives as useless a reading as flywheel kw because you dont drive around on your hubs, wheel kw is actually your final usable power reading
Old 11-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Burnout!

Kato is a guruKato is a guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRPI0
But the thing is, the hub dyno gives as useless a reading as flywheel kw because you dont drive around on your hubs, wheel kw is actually your final usable power reading
A hub dyno reading is far from useless. As mentioned by Jester above, there are a lot of tricks that can be done on a roller dyno to increase/decrease power output.

The major advantage of the hub dyno is it is very consistent, which allows you to see the performance gains (or losses) of a particular modification.

The big thing is a dyno readout is just that, a readout on a particular day for particular conditions. Comparing dyno to dyno and doing the "Ha I beat you by 1hp" is crazy.

Power output and the quarter mile terminal speed are some of the best indicators of a cars true speed in my opinion.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Sir AntiLag

AC Schnitzer at standard level

I reckon posting AWHP/AWKW along with 1/4 mile timings would be better.

I've seen people who has 69awhp more than I do and did the same timing as me.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Subaru Tech Division

207 de at standard level

so the mainline is the same as a DD but with different software only?

so why run it in 4th? as matt said, Maybe there is some internal hardware differences? To get the power reading the car drives a dynamo right? That generates a paticular wattage, so maybe the motor windings or rpm specs are different in the ML. I'm sure the power figures should be comparable between ML and DD....
Old 11-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by atz 242
so the mainline is the same as a DD but with different software only?

so why run it in 4th? as matt said, Maybe there is some internal hardware differences? To get the power reading the car drives a dynamo right? That generates a paticular wattage, so maybe the motor windings or rpm specs are different in the ML. I'm sure the power figures should be comparable between ML and DD....
They are

example - Anthony Scali AKA ND4SPD R32 GTR

Made 882 @ autosalon on a mainline dyno, made 889 on Xspeed DD dyno a few nights before.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-02-2007, 07:38 PM
STI Master

11secWrx at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay
They are

example - Anthony Scali AKA ND4SPD R32 GTR

Made 882 @ autosalon on a mainline dyno, made 889 on Xspeed DD dyno a few nights before.

And it was rigged (so I got told). The people that did the dyno at Autosalon got paid to give him this reading
what a joke
Old 11-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx-sti
And it was rigged (so I got told). The people that did the dyno at Autosalon got paid to give him this reading
what a joke
Put your crackpipe down. If your joking , I apologise for the nature of this rant.

Your mates down in Albany would have the runs logged , tell them to dig the sheet up and post the numbers of importance.

Who did he have to compete against that the dyno needed rigging? The closest car was two hundred and eighty twop horespower behind him in the readings... wasnt like it was close run thing. If they where rigging it why would they not cranked it to a new autosalon record - thats what sells magazines and crap , not just a high reading.

I fire up because Anthony is a close friend whos been through hell and back to get to a point where he could achieve what he has with that car. Self built in his backyard (yeah he works at xspeed but he builds his toys in a garage the size of a master bedroom) self tuned, and one of the most honest, open. humble and kind people you will ever meet in your life, not just the car scene. Hes the type of guy who would offer you his kidney if he was the only matching blood type in the world and hed already given his first one away.

So please, get the dyno graph emailed to you , or me. Im dying to see what numbers they juggled in the 3 minutes the car was on the dyno to seemingly cheat his power. In the same breath your accusing Albany Dyno of cheating , and mainline of allowing its dyno to be mis-used. Big calls indeed.

For those of you unaware - it was an RB26 (this was not done with the special 2.8l he has used in the past - just an rb26 with second hand tomei pistons and rods) spun to 10 000 with twin T04z's - obviously a combo capable of some sort of decent figure.

Jan what title - PSI 355 did 900 hp plus - wasnt aware there was a WRX in Perth capable of beating it. As I have no idea what your alluding to, I'm going to presume something went down and Gareth didnt win 4 cyl forced? If indeed your saying its rigged, your acussing dyno dynamics of cheating people , they ran the comp. Xspeed and Formaz supplied the dyno's, but Dominic and the team from DD where behind all runs over the weekend.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by teejay; 11-02-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Flat Four Father

FFOUR at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay
...As I have no idea what your alluding to, I'm going to presume something went down and Gareth didnt win 4 cyl forced?....
Correct.

MY05 STI track car | VF Clubsport

Tags
dick, dyno