Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682
Default FHI Recalls more than 850 Suabru's

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. is recalling more than 850 Subaru passenger vehicles over possible brake system flaws, the company said in a statement Friday

The recall covers two Subaru models Impeza compact car and Forester wagon, but it was not immediately known if any exports are included.

Improper fitting of the air cleaner case could trigger vibrations while the car is being driven, and its parts could rub against or damage the brake pipe, the company said. The problem, in worst cases, could cause brake fluid to leak and braking functions to fail, Fuji Heavy said.

Kyodo News agency said the recall may be expanded to 4,100 of the models that had been exported to the U.S., Europe and Australia.

Company officials were not immediately available for comment.
----------
And then there is this one ....

Auto Recall Date: 20070212
Vehicle Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 7004
2006 SUBARU FORESTER Defect Summary:
ON CERTAIN VEHICLES, THE WIRING HARNESS FOR THE AIR BAG OCCUPANT DETECTION SYSTEM IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT MAY HAVE BEEN PINCHED DURING PRODUCTION. PINCHING OF THE WIRING HARNESS BETWEEN THE FLOOR CROSSMEMBER AND THE SEAT MOUNTING BRACKET COULD RESULT IN A SHORT CIRCUIT.
Defect Consequence:
THE PASSENGER'S FRONT AIR BAG COULD BECOME DISABLED AND MAY NOT DEPLOY IN THE EVENT OF A CRASH INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY TO THE SEAT OCCUPANT. ALSO AN ELECTRICAL SHORT CIRCUIT COULD CAUSE A FIRE.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL INSPECT TO SEE IF THE WIRING HAD BEEN INCORRECTLY ROUTED UNDER THE SEAT BRACKET. IF SO, THE DEALER WILL REPAIR ANY DAMAGED WIRING, REROUTE AND SECURE THE WIRING HARNESS IN THE CORRECT LOCATION, AND RE-CALIBRATE THE OCCUPANT DETECTION SYSTEM AS NECESSARY. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR ABOUT MARCH 5, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SUBARU AT 1-800-782-2783.
Notes: SUBARU OF AMERICA, INC., WVC-13
Old 22-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Sir AntiLag

bullet at standard level
Default Passenger airbag recall

Finally I've received the letter for air bag replacement on my 2005 wrx.
I've booked in at Subaru Ossie Park is there anything I should look for after the work has been done.
Cheers.

Tags
850, fhi, recalls, suabru