Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   Major service 100k (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/10905-major-service-100k.html)

Makoto 13-03-2007 03:27 PM

subaru or rms depending where r ya...

B4GT 13-03-2007 06:32 PM

[QUOTE=Jaded]Two thumbs up for Jim from Blue Star Mobile Technician... has his own bug eye.. knows what he is doing and will offer a very reasonable price if you mention you are from Perth WRX.. good luck finding ANYWHERE that will do for less than 1k if you plan on having warranty![/QUOTE]

He actually has a bug eye wrx, 2 L Series wagons and a Vortex. Plus 2 vans :D Jim gets very good prices on genuine parts and passes on the savings to the customer. Thats why they keep coming back :cool: Only problem with Jim is he is very busy and cant always fit you in when you want, its usually a good idea to book about 2 weeks in advance

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Blue Star Mobile. Just a happy customer.

mattmy99 13-03-2007 09:16 PM

Cypher Industries

Zac from Cypher Industries is an extremely competent mechanic, and knows his wrx's inside out. i can totally recommend their work and customer service.

Call him on 93318488 and tell him matt with the blue wrx wagon sent you. he's very busy at the moment, but he's always happy to help. He works extremely hard to keep his customers happy, and does an excellent job.

Dont use race torque.

TYWRX 13-03-2007 10:08 PM

You guys are so helpful, thanks very much!

Such a pleasant change to meet a group that are interested in making life a bit easier rather than harder.

Thanks again

TYWRX

RichX 02-06-2007 08:57 PM

Just did my 100k service, cost around $1100 all up, but i did it through 'my guy', who does a sweet as top job, so I can spend more on parts and less on labour.

This is what I had done:

- Timing Belt
- Water Pump
- Front Pads
- Drive Belts
- Engine Oil (Motul 300V Chrono)
- Diff Oil
- Gearbox Oil
- Fuel Filter
- Oil Filter
- Cam Seals
- Bled Brakes + New Fluid
- Coolant
- Upper Engine Cleaner

All that was was completed in 1 day, and cost me $350 in labour. A few other bits and pieces were checked also.

Car runs oh so smooth afterwards!

Rich

XeNoN 03-07-2007 10:53 AM

Sorry to grave dig an old thread, didn't think it was worth a new one,

Im getting the 100k service fairly shortly and im told they will reset the computer.
Im running FMIC and 3" exhaust will reseting the computer affect these mods. I have heard some stories before so i just wanna clear it all up.

Is it best to change the water pump & belts no matter what? or do you base that on observation onces it is in pieces?

Also anyone had any negative or positive experiences at Peel Subaru service wise?

Thanks

Mister Two 03-07-2007 11:03 AM

if you have the OEM ECU, then resetting the ECU wont affect the car.

yes it is best to change the water pump when doing the timing belt.

Evo2 03-07-2007 03:52 PM

well guys all up for my 200k service cost me $426 ! :D thats inclyding all parts, belts and labour!

Its not what ya know its who ya know! :D

AntonRX 03-07-2007 05:23 PM

you'd probably want to do the tensioner for the 200 000km one i did all my idlers (they were noisy) and the tension as it was leaking and if it wasn't done at 100 000km i would recommend doing it. Cost me a fair bit in parts as tensioner is 190, waterpump 80, and idlers were not cheap, i can't remember how much and thats trade price. So for 426 i'd be guessing they would be changing the belt and waterpump maybe and not much else.

lebrunt 03-07-2007 10:06 PM

hey mate if u do go through subaru dont go to wangara. they put a new diff in my car and it wore out in 20,000ks because there wasn't ne free play in it and they wouldn't take ne resposability! depens on who u trust! look into RSR performance ive heard nothing but great things about them so ill be getting mine done there sometime in the next week or 2 and i was quoted $1100 using genuine subi parts.