Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-04-2007, 06:31 PM
DCCD Donut Driver

Prawnstah at standard level
Send a message via MSN to Prawnstah
Default Cleaning

Well i am a bit bored so i thought id post up some things i been up to lately, It all started with:

Spent about 3-4 hours washing and scrubbing my car clean (Inside and out) at the ballajura car wash, After this i vacuumed the interior and got a small brush into any small crevices and vacuumed again. I then squeegied all the windows then wiped them down with a microfibre cloth ? Come up clean as cept for some very very small sandblasting looking chips in front window, after that i attacked the wheels with wheel cleaner (Kitten brand) Which i find the best and washed and scrubbed and then used a chamois to dry them and clean any spots i missed, also cleaned the sideskirts with the chamois and dried them.

Now i attacked the interior with Armourall wipes so thats all shiney and looking new once again , next thing on my list was the black rubber/plastic outside trims and seals in the insides of the doors i used something i got from a mate to clean all the dirt from them and make them all look new again, was ALOt of dirt inbetween them and got all the window wipers and front trim under the bonnet looking all black again instead of faded white.

Next on my list was to hit the engine bay, so i degreased it all scrubbed it and washed it down, i then proceeded to Metalsol all the metal parts including the ABS unit, hose clamps, aircon hoses etc etc Metalsol is some of the BEST stuff i have ever used everything looks NEW and all the black parts that cover hoses etc etc all look black again too.

Now today i thought id fork out abit of money and went to Repco to purchase some Kitten Cut And Polish and some Meguires NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste, Which came with an applicator pad and some terry towels, spent about 1-1.5 hours today just polishing the car from front to back and hit the tyres with some Valvoline Tyre shine and sideskirts too, also used on the headlights and tail lights the kitten cut and polish to remove the stained look and now they are crystal clean

Just finished and it rained....

What products have you used lately your inpressed with ?

Mine so far have been:

-Kitten Cut And Polish (Good for cleaning stained headlights)
-Autosol Metalsol (Good for metal parts)
-Meguires NXT Generation Tech Wax (Excellent finish on the body of the car)
-Kitten Wheel Cleaner (Removes HARD stains from wheels and brake dust) Altho a bit of discolouration of my brake calipers
-Motortech Degreaser
-Armoural Wipes
-3 diff types of Kenco brushes (One for engine, and two for the rims)
-Turtle wax Terry Towels and Microfibre clothes

VERY very impressed at how its come up, will see what its like after the rain...

Also need to know any way of getting rid of small chips from windows ? Theres chips all over my front window (Not noticable) until youget up close, looks like it was sandblasted ?

Tags
cleaning