Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2005, 11:05 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

EvilCabbage at standard level
Default Good dealer in Perth and STI upgrades...

G'day all,

The missus and I are (finally) almost ready to commit to a new car. Seems I can package a new WRX at quite reasonable rates, so we might jump on that.

Has anybody had some good experiences with Perth dealers they'd like to share? Any places I might not want to deal with (although I know that's a touchy subject)?

We'd be looking at a black MY05 with the STI engine package they used for the WRP10's, has anybody ticked that option on their WRX or had one fitted? Is the difference worth the extra for a factory backed mod? Keeping in mind it'll probably be the only engine / power modification performed.

Other thing I'm curious of, has anybody got an 05 with a sunroof fitted? Any drawbacks to this?

Cheers.
-Cam
Old 05-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

I have heard very good things with Subaru Ossie Park.
I have had not so very good dealings with Subaru Mandurah.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:22 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

I'd use my local dealer... but they're muppets.

Westland Autos, quite openly known as Wasteland Autos in Kalgoorlie. Total shockers. Almost killed my ex GF's car, flogged the hell out of my mates 200sx when it was in for warranty work (no, replacing a window mech does not require you to flog the shit out of it along the main road...), so Perth it is.

Just gave Ossie park a call and ran a few questions by them, Ian Cole was the guy I spoke to, seemed really quite nice.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

stilysh at standard level

i bought my car from mandurah subaru and they were really good. I dealt through Neil Pollard and he looked after me.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCabbage
I'd use my local dealer... but they're muppets.

Westland Autos, quite openly known as Wasteland Autos in Kalgoorlie. Total shockers. Almost killed my ex GF's car, flogged the hell out of my mates 200sx when it was in for warranty work (no, replacing a window mech does not require you to flog the shit out of it along the main road...), so Perth it is.

Just gave Ossie park a call and ran a few questions by them, Ian Cole was the guy I spoke to, seemed really quite nice.
I spoke to Ian Cole as well, I reckon he was pretty good as well. Answered all my questions and was not pushy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilysh
i bought my car from mandurah subaru and they were really good. I dealt through Neil Pollard and he looked after me.
I am glad to hear! I cant say the same. When buying an STI the dealer principal should not wind the DCCD right back and show me how well it can crab walk down the street when it has under 1000km on the clock.

Anyway [/rant off]
Old 05-09-2005, 02:28 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN682
I am glad to hear! I cant say the same. When buying an STI the dealer principal should not wind the DCCD right back and show me how well it can crab walk down the street when it has under 1000km on the clock.

Anyway [/rant off]
Phwoar, harsh. It's one thing to be passionate about what you're selling, it's another to abuse it.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Sir AntiLag

geoff at standard level

All car dealers are dogs.

Get quotes from every single one, play them off against each other.

There's no other way, and theres no such thing as good service - they're all just out to swindle you for as much money as they can.

DO NOT purchase any extras (tint/paint protection) from the dealer, purchase these afterwards if you feel like you really need it.

I dont know of anyone who has actually benefited from 'paint protection' - and i really seriously doubt places like Beam or Defense-Pak actually get any off-the-street custom.

That's my opinion anyway.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:08 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff
DO NOT purchase any extras (tint/paint protection) from the dealer, purchase these afterwards if you feel like you really need it.
Goes without saying mate. The only 'factory' option we'd be interested in is the STI engine upgrade set. Tint, suspension, etc, all be done later.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Sir AntiLag

geoff at standard level

Yeah i wouldn't even do that - you'll get a lot more go for your money elsewhere.

How much is the factory upgrade? You could probably get a motec p-n-p for what you'd be paying.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:24 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff
How much is the factory upgrade? You could probably get a motec p-n-p for what you'd be paying.
$2500, ECU and full exhaust. Only minor gains, but everything I've read about it (wheels, motor, etc) were positive.

The big draw was retaining the factory warranty, which is important to us. If a new car warranty wasn't one of the selling points, I'd be out looking for an STI coupe instead

Tags
dealer, perth, sti, upgrades