Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Sir AntiLag

megs_wrx at standard level
Send a message via MSN to megs_wrx
Default Wrote off my car last night, bad accident :(

Had quite a bad accident last night, pretty sure i've wrote the wrx off. Was the most scariest thing I have ever been in, I'd never been in a car accident before.

Roads were very wet last night as you all know and i was turning right into fremantle road off of albany highway... right near the Ogden pub. It was a red light so i had stopped, went green and had to wait for a car.

Accelerated and turned at the same time road was very wet and greasy, rear end backed out... i panicked hit the accelerater instead of the brake crashed into a sign, it turned my car right round so i was facing the traffic lights again... and because i was still accellerating the car went forward and i crashed up onto a half limestone wall... pretty sure it ripped all the under belly. Finally came to a stop when i hit a sign... and luckily it was there other wise would have had a head on collision with a brick wall.

My best friend was in my passenger seat, no other cars or people were involved.

It all happened so fast but i was sure we were both dead.

Were both fine, my friends neck is a bit sore i've got pretty bad bruising to my right hand and same thing with my neck. Were both very very lucky we missed a tree and a park bench by inches.

We don't think i braked at all but there are skid marks possibly from when i went up onto the limestone wall and the wheels squeeled, still quite shaken up about the whole thing.

Airbags didn't come out as the impact was not hard enough, but my window smashed and the tinting held it together so i didn't get hurt by that at all.

Police came, breathalised me... 0.00 of course. Was in a lot of shock... couldn't look at the car it destroyed me.

Happened literally 2mins from my house so my parents were there pretty soon after it, but had some nice lads walking past that came over to help us out, cause i was in a state. People at the pub were yelling abuse and cheering so that didn't really help

I am insured but i just couldn't believe what had happened i was devastated. I don't remember much other than it happening so fast and us spinning around and around.

Going to have a look at the car this arvo because i couldn't bare look at the damage last night, dad said my drivers side door had caved in a fair bit... and lucky i didn't have any other injuries.

Main thing is though that me and my friend are still alive

Ginger Ninja...

Tags
accident, bad, car, night, wrote