Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Sir AntiLag

Adrian at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to Adrian

i've run ice at waw before, nearly got me kicked out. basically yes it did help my runs, by avoiding heat soak in the line up - maybe worth .1 of a second, but consistancy mainly.

BUT even though it goes straight to a gas form when it starts to deteriorate the small chunks become tiny slithers and start to fall through your TMIC and through to the ground - this is what they DONT LIKE. basically because people can walk over it or drive over it before a run. So what was suggested if i wanted to continue to use it was to put it in a breathable bag where by it was transmit its temp but not fall through to the ground. problem is this pretty much blocks the cooler for your run and definately affects your time. so what you need is maybe two small bags on either side of the cooler but not covering the entire surface of it, to one make waw happy and two, your car. GL.
Old 16-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Am thinkin one of those washing bags ( you know for the mrs delicates ) chock o block and rip it off and back in the box just as rolling through to line up. TMIC should be cold as and then use the ice cold water on the run. Can just shovel a bit more in the bag after every run and zip it back up and chuck it on to cool things right down.

Then shouldn't cop any dramas from the officials and still help.
Old 16-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Subaru Tech Division

vyper at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSTi
Am thinkin one of those washing bags ( you know for the mrs delicates ) chock o block and rip it off and back in the box just as rolling through to line up. TMIC should be cold as and then use the ice cold water on the run. Can just shovel a bit more in the bag after every run and zip it back up and chuck it on to cool things right down.

Then shouldn't cop any dramas from the officials and still help.
Shouldn't really store it in your car. If it does leak, breathing in CO2 is not a very nice experience. As it warms, gas will be produced, so it might be best to leave it somewhere outside your cabin (Your boot is probably not a good place either).
Old 17-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Subaru Tech Division

MKVIGTI at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyper
Shouldn't really store it in your car. If it does leak, breathing in CO2 is not a very nice experience. As it warms, gas will be produced, so it might be best to leave it somewhere outside your cabin (Your boot is probably not a good place either).
No onto that back in the polystyrene box out of the car. Will have to go in the boot on the way down but will keep a window open and should be all sweet.
Old 17-08-2007, 07:05 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

BALISTC knows their stuff

Dry ice turns into a gas, but you sometimes see people putting normal ice on their coolers....this is what gets them kicked out.
Old 17-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

seriously be careful with it, always handle it with DRY gloves. i got frostbite on my leg from sitting on some and not noticing for less than a minute.

Tags
dry, ice