Perth-WRX.com

Perth-WRX.com (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/cmps_index.php)
-   General Subaru Discussion (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/)
-   -   2006 STI test drive (http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/general-subaru-discussion/1567-2006-sti-test-drive.html)

REXXX 27-09-2005 06:53 PM

Wai, how did it compare to the evo?

wai 27-09-2005 07:24 PM

[QUOTE=AD 12]which subaru dealer did u go to wai? i went to subaru city today but they didnt allow me to have a test drive :mad: but most probably on friday .[/QUOTE]

AD 12, do u drive a white sti?
i think i saw u at the dealership. i was there signing the contract!

i test drove mine at city subaru.
i probably got my test drive before the release date because i sign a contract with them for a 05 in june. and they knw i m buying this for real. :)
anyways, i just sign the contract already.. they say i should have it by friday this week.. totals up to 66k w/ protection and orc.

HOW DID IT COMPARE TO THE EVO.
the sti have much more low end torque. because i didnt rev tht high and i felt lots of torque... in the 4k and 5k rpm
exterior wise ....i would say EVO all the way. stis not tht bad but evo have the meaner and spotier look.
but the evo's interior suck so bad.

AD 12 27-09-2005 07:46 PM

[QUOTE=wai]AD 12, do u drive a white sti?
i think i saw u at the dealership. i was there signing the contract!

i test drove mine at city subaru.
i probably got my test drive before the release date because i sign a contract with them for a 05 in june. and they knw i m buying this for real. :)
anyways, i just sign the contract already.. they say i should have it by friday this week.. totals up to 66k w/ protection and orc.

HOW DID IT COMPARE TO THE EVO.
the sti have much more low end torque. because i didnt rev tht high and i felt lots of torque... in the 4k and 5k rpm
exterior wise ....i would say EVO all the way. stis not tht bad but evo have the meaner and spotier look.
but the evo's interior suck so bad.[/QUOTE]

nah mines a black sti but i was driving the cls today. they let u test drive but not me? :mad: In that case, ill go for evooooooo :cool:

Huy 27-09-2005 08:43 PM

Might have to get a test drive myself...Dying to see what the EVO IX is like, too.

wai 27-09-2005 08:57 PM

[QUOTE=BM747]I am a serious buyer with no intention of buying one, does that mean i get to test drive one?

How do they know you are a serious buyer, well potential buyer for that matter. Just for my information ofcourse[/QUOTE]

if u have no intension of buying one then how are u a serious buyer?
anyways, u will see how it is not easy to get a test drive for these cars when u actually try it for yurself.

BM747 27-09-2005 09:43 PM

:rolleyes:

nice one

STi Tuned 27-09-2005 10:16 PM

What is going on with those rear tail lights :icon_oak:

methd 27-09-2005 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=wai]if u have no intension of buying one then how are u a serious buyer?
anyways, u will see how it is not easy to get a test drive for these cars when u actually try it for yurself.[/QUOTE]

u can usually pick those who are serious and those who arent. and usually, ur willing to sign a contract to buy if u are serious. it's all in the act tho :) but why bother test dirivng when ur nto serious for?!! u just look like a dick when they expect u to buy and u have to get urself outta there.

207 de 28-09-2005 11:23 AM

a test drive would aid in me deciding if I should consider getting a new rex or evo.

If it is slower than what I already have then I would probably not be interested..

BLUES 28-09-2005 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=wai]
anyways, i just sign the contract already.. they say i should have it by friday this week.. totals up to 66k w/ protection and orc..[/QUOTE]

I think you just got ripped!