Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-11-2007, 07:24 AM
Perth WRX Old Skool Cool Dude

nauli knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfish
my dylan spec fitted perfectly, and is excellent quality, not noisy and great value. its on an my07. been on for months no issues.
And my MMS spec fitted perfectly and is of excellent(er) quality, uses highest grade S/S, not noisy and relatively great value...given that it's been on MY02 STi for 4 years then transplanted onto MY06 STi and been on nearly 2 years....tly dat wif china spec afta 6 year blother....
Old 14-11-2007, 08:59 AM
WRX Hi Five Club

devilfish at standard level

as long as it lasts 3 years it will be fine as i will be replacing the whole car then, and buying either an evo x or an sti, so really $600 v's $1400++ over the life of the car with me its a no brainer, i'm not rallying or racing, i'd rather have a life and spend the difference on something that i'm really going to enjoy, rather than having bragging rights over stainless grades and quality of construction, and really out here where salt isnt used on the roads and its hardly wet i seriously doubt that corrosion is going to be a problem, mechanical strength? well thats not an issue, as the construction is absoultly fine, the welding was excellent and consistant, any difference design between an expensive exhaust and a china spec one is going to be minimal in the real world.
Old 14-11-2007, 09:09 AM

Mister Two at standard level

Yep. In Australia, even a shitty mild steel exhaust system would still outlast the car itself.
Old 14-11-2007, 10:11 AM
STI Master

confuzion at standard level

Quote:
as long as it lasts 3 years it will be fine as i will be replacing the whole car then, and buying either an evo x or an sti, so really $600 v's $1400++ over the life of the car with me its a no brainer, i'm not rallying or racing, i'd rather have a life and spend the difference on something that i'm really going to enjoy, rather than having bragging rights over stainless grades and quality of construction, and really out here where salt isnt used on the roads and its hardly wet i seriously doubt that corrosion is going to be a problem, mechanical strength? well thats not an issue, as the construction is absoultly fine, the welding was excellent and consistant, any difference design between an expensive exhaust and a china spec one is going to be minimal in the real world.
Old 14-11-2007, 10:20 AM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Snap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

having said that my dylan spec has a little rust on the welds after 6 months, i'll spray it with that anti-rust stuff from bunnings and she'll be right! im happy with it

3x dylan spec = 1 x mms spec

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!
Old 14-11-2007, 01:12 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

tommo at standard level

ide sa that the mms spec would last the life of 3 dylan spec's, sound better for the whole time, peform better for the whole time, look better ( they are a very nice finish) and still be worth something and be easy to sell after all that time...

but hey its upto you whether or not u want quality or quantity
Old 14-11-2007, 01:23 PM

teejay is a guruteejay is a guruteejay is a guru
Send a message via MSN to teejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo
ide sa that the mms spec would last the life of 3 dylan spec's, sound better for the whole time, peform better for the whole time, look better ( they are a very nice finish) and still be worth something and be easy to sell after all that time...

but hey its upto you whether or not u want quality or quantity
How often do you jack the car up, and slide underneath it to stare at the welds?

Theres guys who have been running China systems for 3 years now, still going strong. My R32 system I got from Dylan is now 3 years old and onto its 4th car, still hasnt fallen to bits.

Ive heard Steves MMS system numerous times at motorsport events, and it sounds great, but so do the China ones that many people run.

As for performance, considering the Chinese stuff often starts as a copy of a top end product, usually a top name Japanese brand, I'd say any difference here would be very small indeed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 14-11-2007, 01:35 PM

BALISTC knows their stuff

The only thing on my exhaust that you see, is the muffler....and thats why I got a very nice looking one.

The rest of the system, I couldn't care less about. That being said, I got a Race Torque 3" stainless system.

Reason I bought it was because back in 2002 there wasn't much choice. China parts didn't really exist back then and most Jap stuff was ridiculously expensive.
Old 14-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Subaru Tech Division

pete gopal at standard level

tommo if you can see the welds - time to lower your car

New toy has arrived, 1/4 mile in 11.2 sec and only 114hp!

Tags
exhausts