Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-01-2008, 11:28 AM
STI Master

maddog at standard level
Default The Code of Silence Part I

How many people have experienced this narrow minded phenomenon when dealing with Engine Builders? The benefits of sharing information, not doing work free of charge mind you, are that you soon become well respected and sought after as an Engine Builder/workshop. Here is some info I found on a web site recently that helps explains what I mean:

If you have ever talked to a motor builder you have likely experienced the code of silence they practice. They always seem to keep critical information to themselves, thinking it will help build their business, forcing you to have them build your motor. We happen to believe this creates animosities. At XXXXXX we will help you build your Subaru engine by sharing our knowledge for building engines up to 500HP, telling you the secrets others won't. So if you want to do the work we'll provide the parts and information you need to build a reliable motor for the least amount of money. If you buy all your parts from XXXXXX you can be assured all the parts will work together, and be reliable. Our knowledge of Subaru motor parts and setup can save you thousands of dollars, and weeks of time.

Sorry I can't disclose the source of all this great Subaru information as I am in training to be an engine builder...stay tuned for part II hahaaa
Old 28-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Insufficient registration

jEstEr? knows their stuff

http://www.outfrontmotorsports.com/homepage.htm

google > morgan
Old 28-01-2008, 11:56 AM

bit of a contradiction on one of the pages morgan

Quote:
Outfront's 600HP full tilt 4 cylinder motor contains all the latest Outfront technology, much of what we won't disclose for common knowledge, including the displacement. Lets just say it's larger than 2.5L and leave it at that!
Old 28-01-2008, 12:00 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
Bingo...thanks jEstEr.
Point is people find out the information from other sources making the "Code of Silence" a total waste of time. Workshops that practice this need to reconsider how much this practice costs their business.

Part II
It is a great site that has all sorts of info, I love the fully closed 2.5 blocks:
Old 28-01-2008, 07:38 PM
STI Master

maddog at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jEstEr?
bit of a contradiction on one of the pages morgan
Yes there appears to be some rivalry atm with big stroked 2.5L cranks. Circa 83mm and pushing 2.8L, yes it's apparently top secret. Anyone got a link? Looks like sleeving is dead with quality fully closed 2.5 blocks hitting the market for US$800 exchange.
Old 28-01-2008, 11:54 PM

yeah saw that, $800 USD for a closed deck, nice... for ultimate reliability though you'd got sleeves as well, or take the prodrive option

Tags
code, part, silence