Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Sir AntiLag

nicecar at standard level
Default /cry

Got some new pads put into the car a couple months ago by a place that shall remain unnamed for now, but they are fairly reputable on these forums - which is why i chose to go with them in the first place.

Anyway after specifically telling the workshop that the car was a daily driver and never tracked, and specifically asking for a pad that is as close to stock as possible I have been left with possibly the loudest pads ive ever heard and $1000 out of pocket. I would harden up and put up with it if it was bearable, but these things are unbeleivably loud. After revisiting the workshop I was told that it was possible that the rotors (which were also machined) may have glazed over and needed some agressive driving, which they did and returned the car. 2 hours later the squeek has returned worse than ever and I was told by the workshop that they are a heavy compound pad and that it is normal. This would be understandable if i had of asked for such a pad to start with, but I was really specific on what i wanted so i do not understand why they figured it would be in my best interest to have a track style pad in my car.

Ofcourse I dont have a hope of having them replaced, so i figure I would post up as a warning to others. I regret not going with asg or even subaru as I now hate driving the car as it is. Will have to replace it when car goes in a tune with asg later next month.

/rant

Tags
or cry