Perth-WRX.com  

Go Back   Perth-WRX.com > General WRXing > General Subaru Discussion
Register Diddy Kart ArticlesAll AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Welcome to Perth-WRX, click here to register!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-05-2008, 08:31 AM
STI Master

Taktics at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by astro
Autotrans lost my keys TWICE!!! Now they refuse to pay for a re-barrel, even though the dodgy employee that stole my keys can break into my car anytime he likes. Took me over 5 months to get them to agree to pay for 2 brand new keys, so I could get the new barrels myself.

Not normally into flaming anyone, but I've used them twice now, and the first time they put a huge scratch along the boot of my almost new lib gt.
LOL funny that, when i went and picked up my car in their warehouse place i think on err just before the international airport and tokin lights, there is this big board that says "Number of accident since blah blah" and below that has numbers like "0 0 0 0 0 0" I looked at it and go....yeah right LOL.
Old 27-05-2008, 08:48 AM
STI Master

confuzion at standard level

I paid ~1500 from VIP transport from Syd to Perth in a sealed train 'cartainer'
Great service with sms updates every 2nd day to say where it is, and best of all, no red dust everywhere and no scratches etc, worth the extra 300 imo..
Old 27-05-2008, 08:02 PM
WRX Hi Five Club

Welby at standard level

Paid Auto Trans a shitload to bring the Shelby Mustang across from QLD. Said it would be in a sealed trailer.

Took 4 weeks and ended up on the train.

Welby
Old 28-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Potty Training Scoobie Noobie

Mahons at standard level

A mate of mine has had his STi RA delivered from QLD ok, but does anyone have any ideas on who to use to freight for 2 pallets of parts about 200kg combined weight?
Old 29-05-2008, 12:02 AM
Sign me up!
Handbrake!!

dtrally is a gurudtrally is a guru

Brisbane to Perth for the pallets? Use Corden Transport, that's all they do. Very reasonable guys to deal with. Brissy depot is in Archerfield, Perth depot Kenwick, they can pick up and deliver if need be but deopt/depot is cheaper and they will do COD.
Old 29-05-2008, 06:34 AM
Sir AntiLag

dan.r.s at standard level
Send a message via MSN to dan.r.s

my chevy chevelle whent from sydney to perth via TOLL.. it took over 4weeks, they had no idea where my car was no record of it. in the end it cam on truck then train via adselaide with a one flap covering it.. as you can imagine i was not happy. luckily it wasnt damaged
i paid $1600

my father who got a 66 corvette ( very rare top dollar car) used toll at the sime time.
in melb i trainer girl driver loaded it and scratched the roof and chrome, window etc someohow.
they then in perth jumped it off the rollers of the truck smashed and bent the side pipes and somehow have run into something forwards. doing over $16,000 damage to the car. it is now 6months on and aparantly we will get the letter 2 weeks ago saying how much they will pay.

I personally would never use them again. and i think i paid way too much for "mates rates"
Old 29-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Sign me up!
Nazi Sled Driver

DAN682 at standard level
Send a message via ICQ to DAN682 Send a message via MSN to DAN682 Send a message via Yahoo to DAN682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahons
A mate of mine has had his STi RA delivered from QLD ok, but does anyone have any ideas on who to use to freight for 2 pallets of parts about 200kg combined weight?
Nexus Transport on Welshpool Road do this stuff and cheap! They even transported my WRX from Newman to Perth once, It was only $240.
Old 29-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Scoobie Noobie

graemef81 at standard level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.r.s
my chevy chevelle whent from sydney to perth via TOLL.. it took over 4weeks, they had no idea where my car was no record of it. in the end it cam on truck then train via adselaide with a one flap covering it.. as you can imagine i was not happy. luckily it wasnt damaged
i paid $1600

my father who got a 66 corvette ( very rare top dollar car) used toll at the sime time.
in melb i trainer girl driver loaded it and scratched the roof and chrome, window etc someohow.
they then in perth jumped it off the rollers of the truck smashed and bent the side pipes and somehow have run into something forwards. doing over $16,000 damage to the car. it is now 6months on and aparantly we will get the letter 2 weeks ago saying how much they will pay.

I personally would never use them again. and i think i paid way too much for "mates rates"
That is way too much for transport from Syndey to Perth, especially taking 4 weeks and transported like that. Also this seems to be a common trend about damage to vehicles using TOLL/Autotrans. This was the main reason I didn't use them as I heard all this stuff on a couple of other car forums I was investigating on to find out who to use.
I'd definitely use CEVA again. My minor claim (small scratch a few inches long) looks as though it's going to have totally gone through in about a month, I could track where the vehicle was the whole way on the net, it took about 10 days and it only cost roughly $1200 from Sydney to Perth.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Flat Four Father

BLUES at standard level

Bumping an old thread - anyone else have any recent experiences to add to the above? May need to ship my car over east - CEVA's price is cheap too.
Barbagallo - 56.03 (S); 1:08.09 (L)
Collie - 50.77
Possibly the most under-driven Evo X in the world??
Old 05-10-2009, 04:45 PM
STI Master

scary knows their stuff

CEVA did mine in december last year. Car was still perfect. Door to door delivery only travelled 4km on the clock from when I purchased it in Sydney.

12.463 1/4 mile, not bad for an old school Liberty [DECEASED]

MY08 Liberty Tuned by STi

Tags
car, transport